Similar questions from the community
Is the LG UltraFine 4K display compatible with the new mac mini?
- Asked by James L from Wakefield
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the LG UltraFine 4K display compatible with the new mac mini?)
Can you connect 2x LG UltrafIne 4k to the USB-C ports at the back of the lg ultrafine 5k display connected via Thunderbolt3 to MBP 2018?
Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?
I purchased the new Blackmagic eGPU which has two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port. One of the Thunderbolt 3 ports runs to my MacBook Pro, and the other Thunderbolt 3 port should be able to run to the LG display no problem.
Where the question lies is is it possible to connect a USB C display such as the LG UltraFine 4K to an HDMI 2.0 output using adapters or a USB-C to HDMI cable?
- Asked by Spencer G from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?)
What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.
This is a high-end monitor that needs to work for some time to cover the initial investment. But the Apple Store only mentions a "one-year limited", which is obviously not enough. And competing manufacturers offer a lot more.
- Asked by Richard D from Santa Monica
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.)
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
I'm wondering if I can drive this monitor from a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Cable.
I am looking at the upcoming Thunderbolt 3 docking stations, and all of the products announced only have 2 Thunderbolt-3 ports on them. Most have either HDMI or Displayport ports as well, though. I'm obsessive about cables/mess, and only want to have one connection running into my 2016 MacBook Pro with Touchbar.
My thinking is that I can use a USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable into the monitor from the dock, as the specs show that the Displayport on the dock can do 4K video.
1st, Will this actually work? I'm assuming it will.
2nd, Will all of the Monitor controls still work? I love how this monitor has all the brightness/color setting controlled through system preferences, and I would want this functionality to work as well.
Has anyone tested either of these things?
For reference, I am looking at the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD, and the Henge Docks Tethered Dock for MacBook Pro 2016 (Thunderbolt 3).
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?
The 5K version of this monitor clearly specifies that the interface is Thunderbolt 3. This one only says USB-C. But non-thunderbolt monitors don't seem to work on the iMac Pro.
- Asked by Alexandre B from Bruichladdich
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?)
Does this monitor work with windows computer as well? How do you switch if two devices are attached at the same time?
I'd like to attach both my 12-inch macbook and my windows-laptop (using the USB-C go display port adapter). Is that possible? How do I switch between the two devices if both are attached at the same time (I unterstand there are no buttons and switches on the monitor itself).
is it compatible with iMac 5k late 2014?
- Asked by Kyriakos D
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with iMac 5k late 2014?)
No answers yet
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor (when I already have a full charge of the battery), but at the same time that the monitor is connected and I could work with it.
- Asked by Sergey K
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor)
Is this a dual voltage monitor can i use it in US and in Europe
- Asked by Ricky W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a dual voltage monitor can i use it in US and in Europe)
what is the response time of this monitor
- Asked by Christopher S
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the response time of this monitor)
No answers yet