Similar questions from the community
Is the Blackmagic eGPU upgradeable? Meaning, when new, more powerful AMD graphics cards become available can the older AMD 580 be replaced.
- Asked by Bryan M from St. Thomas
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Blackmagic eGPU upgradeable? Meaning, when new, more powerful AMD graphics cards become available can the older AMD 580 be replaced.)
Hi, that product looks like very interesting, but I want to know if this eGPU works only for graphics or it could work train deep learning algorithms
My machine is a MacBook Pro, early 2015. Can It eGPU work with my laptop?
Can this eGPU be used for high speed bignum computation?
eGPUs are often used to provide extra power and speed to computationally complex programs. Assuming the Mac has the required languages interpreters and compilers (e.g.), can this eGPU be used this way, or is it strictly designed for graphics support?
- Asked by Douglas H from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this eGPU be used for high speed bignum computation?)
Despite the older thunderbolts ports, can this be connected using appropriate adapters to a mini mac mid 2011?
I thought the whole concept behind an eGPU was to offload the graphics from the motherboard, thereby offering an improved graphics performance.
I fully understand that my mini mac still provides a 10Gb/s limit at the thunderbolt port connection but surely offers an option to drive newer higher resolution monitors within the confines that the eGPU can conceivably produce at that connection speed thereby offering all mac users with a backwards compatible upgrade path, even providing USB 3 if the firmware allows?
Will this product have any benefits for Logic Pro X users or sound designers in general?
Will it help free up processing for running more plugins or adding track counts since it will be handling most of the graphics load? ...Or, maybe if running multiple external monitors while editing? Thanks in advance!
I’m running a built out 15” MBpro w/ touchbar (Summer 2017) and 27” 4k Samsung monitor.
- Asked by Mark V from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product have any benefits for Logic Pro X users or sound designers in general?)