Similar questions from the community
Does this offer any measurable increased performance for Adobe Premiere Pro ( editing, viewing, rendering, exporting.... )?
- Asked by John M from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this offer any measurable increased performance for Adobe Premiere Pro ( editing, viewing, rendering, exporting.... )?)
Is this compatible with a windows PC equipped with a thunderbolt 3 port?
- Asked by Madan P from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with a windows PC equipped with a thunderbolt 3 port?)
Can anyone speak to real-world performance benefits?
I own a 2016 13" MacbookPro and the LG 5k display. Typically I use it for programming (VSCode, XCode etc.), occasional light gaming. Drawn to this product as it works with the display and would make a decent desktop dock with its extra ports and power.
I do notice windows get a bit choppy on the 5k display, so I'm curious the benefits that this eGPU will bring - essentially will it be enough to notice in my every day? Benchmarks seem to focus on either heavy 3D games or video rendering.
- Asked by Chris K from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Can anyone speak to real-world performance benefits?)
Despite the older thunderbolts ports, can this be connected using appropriate adapters to a mini mac mid 2011?
I thought the whole concept behind an eGPU was to offload the graphics from the motherboard, thereby offering an improved graphics performance.
I fully understand that my mini mac still provides a 10Gb/s limit at the thunderbolt port connection but surely offers an option to drive newer higher resolution monitors within the confines that the eGPU can conceivably produce at that connection speed thereby offering all mac users with a backwards compatible upgrade path, even providing USB 3 if the firmware allows?