Similar questions from the community
Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?
I use a Q1000 modem for CenturyLink and was wondering if it can expand the wireless range on this model.
- Asked by Chris P from Herriman
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?)
will time capsule and airport express will extend my wifi? first generation time capsule and first generation airport express?
- Asked by Jose Jr. Q from Daly City
- Flag as inappropriate (will time capsule and airport express will extend my wifi? first generation time capsule and first generation airport express?)
Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Derrick W from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?)
what is the airport Express for ?
im going to buy an macbook air and i see the airport express so i want to know for what it is it for so i know if need it or not
- Asked by Sandra N from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the airport Express for ?)
Can I have the AirPort Extreme and airport express at the same time?
- Asked by Divine Grace K from Norfolk
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have the AirPort Extreme and airport express at the same time?)
This new airport express, isn't this what my Time Capsule already does and if different, how so? Thanks
New Air Port Express vs. Time Capsule
Does the Airport express have to be updated at any time
- Asked by Tammie H from Trenton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express have to be updated at any time)
Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?
- Asked by Roman L from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?)
Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses
I have an airport express hooked up to a printer in my office which is located a considerable distance from my base station and I have an IMac in my office as well. I was hoping that the airport express could be configured to extend my network as well as be used to connect the printer to the network. When I go to configure it it is more of an either one or the other proposition by asking me if I want to do one or the other during the set up. Do I need two airport expresses if I want to do both things?
- Asked by Kevin M from Ridgewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?
I have an AirPort Time Capsule and an AirPort Express - and a really odd house. There is a bonus room above the garage that is not line-of-sight with anywhere that I can place the TC, so I can't get WiFi up there. I DO have CAT5 run to all rooms of the house and can make the connection from living room to bonus room through those wires. Am I able to go from a LAN port on the TC and connect that to the WAN port on the Express and use that to extend the network?
- Asked by Adam R from Mifflin
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?)
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?
Here's my dilemma: My modem, AirPort Express, and speakers are in my living room. The speakers are plugged into AirPort Express so I can play my music from any device. At the other end of the house is my study where I'd like to place the Time Capsule so that I can backup my laptop and so that I can extend the wifi signal in my house. Is that possible? And even if it is, am I wasting the Time Capsule's router capabilities by using the Express as the router and the Time Capsule as a means to extend signal?
And why on earth is Express the only router capable of connecting to speakers??
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?)
can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?
pls answer I need to know
- Asked by Jayden D from Waipahu
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?)