Similar questions from the community
No answers yet
AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?
Can this be used for both use as a connection for air play while also extending the range of my TimeCapsule?
- Asked by Carlos M from Forney
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?)
No answers yet
Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook which does not support airplay. I would like to stream music from iTunes to an AirPlay enabled speaker system. Could I use AirPort express to do this?
- Asked by Neil A
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?)
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
No answers yet
Will Airport Express gain support for Airplay 2?
- Asked by Samuel A
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express gain support for Airplay 2?)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
Does Airport Express support Airplay 2 to allow for multi room music streaming from sources other than just iTunes simultaneously like sonos?
AirPlay 2 is advertised to play multi room simultaneously. It states that not all existing speakers and other 3rd party devices are compatible with Airplay 2 but makes no mention to its own products including AirPort Extreme, Airport Express, AppleTV 2/3.
- Asked by Joseph S from Ridgefield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support Airplay 2 to allow for multi room music streaming from sources other than just iTunes simultaneously like sonos?)
Can AirPlay Sync music over multiple devices? i.e. Apple TV and an Airport Express?
I currently have an Apple TV in the living room with my Network set up of my Time Cap. With the AirPlay feature of the Airport Express can I sync music being played off the Apple TV to the AE in an other room?
- Asked by Mark H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPlay Sync music over multiple devices? i.e. Apple TV and an Airport Express?)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
I already have my wifi setup at home and would just like to use the Airport to stream music via AirPlay to a receiver in my house. Is that possible?
- Asked by Mackenzie M from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (I already have my wifi setup at home and would just like to use the Airport to stream music via AirPlay to a receiver in my house. Is that possible?)
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.
If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?
- Asked by David D from Glen Ellyn
- Flag as inappropriate (If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?)
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)