Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Sonos Bridge and Play 3 compatability with Macbook Pro and this Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter?
I'm wondering if my Macbook Pro(Late 2012) has the capability, and if so how to adjust the network settings to cater the needs of a Sonos Bridge to emit its own wireless network so I can play my Sonos speakers from a wireless network from a hotel. ( I won't have access to a hardline ethernet port or router ) I'm going on vacation and am hoping to bring my speaker to have some tunes with in Mexico. If my computer is capable of supporting the right internet accessibility to the bridge I will most definitely be buying this thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect the Bridge and thus connect all my Sonos speakers. I'm at a loss and not sure how to understand and be sure my network settings can receive a wireless signal and create an output from my computer to the bridge, or if this adapter is only for inputting a hardline ethernet internet cord for my macbook. Boils down to an input/output question with wireless internet network capabilities. Any help or additional information would be greatly appreciated as my trip is in three weeks time! Thanks again. - Rob
- Asked by Robert W from Tonka Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (Sonos Bridge and Play 3 compatability with Macbook Pro and this Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter?)
how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
There are lots of more detailed questions about using this adaptor to connect to other computers and to gaming devices. My question is more basic.
My USB ethernet adaptor works fine on my Macbook Air, but I cannot get the thunderbolt adaptor to work. Thanks.
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?
In Japan, most of the hotels only provide ethernet cable (RJ45) for internet connection and seldom with Wi-Fi. How can I use the iPad mini to browse the internet without buying any extra data nano-sim card?
- Asked by Richard H from Wentworthville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?)
Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
This would allow a simple dock configuration. Use WiFi while in the field but connect to Thunderbolt Display or peripheral and get direct Ethernet wired connection. This would save the second Thunderbolt port for other hardware connections such as Pro Video edit/control equipment. If such a connection would work with the adapter it would be nice to be able to control it with granularity.
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
USB/Ethernet cable does not allow backups. How do I backup with a cable, Not Wifi.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection
i have a late 2013 intel imac with a trashed screen. thanks to OWC's sub standard adhesive strips for the screen, mine fell out and its trashed. thankfully the motherboard connections are ok. i bought a thunderbolt display because i cant source an in stock replacement display panel. my table will not accommodate two 27" displays. i was wondering if anyone has tired using 2 of these with a cat 5 ethernet cable between them to basically make a long thunderbolt cable. considering the cost of a 10 meter fiber thunderbolt cable and their miserable longevity, it would be awesome if you could use 2 of these to accomplish the same thing.
I would like to move my imac about 15' away and use this cable to connect to my thunderbolt display from the imac.
anyone tried to use 2 of these for a purpose like that ?
- Asked by Joe H from Cocoa
- Flag as inappropriate (can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection)
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
My specific question is: I have a Motorola RFID reader that I connect to a Windows machine to do race timing. It only connects with an ethernet cable. I've read that the USB to Ethernet ONLY connects to the internet and does not communicate exactly like an ethernet port used to.
Will this thunderbolt to Ethernet device be able to connect to hardware that uses this connection, and will it be able to do so in bootcamp running windows 7?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?
Our studio is doing a budget report to see if we can go 100% Mac. Currently we have 2 x 4TB storage servers that we'd like to replace with some of those great Promise storage units like the Pegasus R6 18TB. However those are thunderbolt only units, so we were wondering if the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter could be used to connect it to a network hub?
- Asked by Brandon M from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?)
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
Thank you for all the detailed instructions on how to load myriad software packies to ensure an RJ-45 can talk to a Windows 7 PC.
I am new to Apple so forgive such a simple question.
What benefit would I get from connecting my iPhone or iPad to my Windows PC with a RJ-45 vice a USB? I read all the questions and answers (it was inspiring to see such a consistently polite exchange in a help forum!). But the only thing I've been able to take away from the forum, is that this device will allow a faster exchange between an Apple device and Windows 7 (with the right handshaking software).
- Asked by Robert C from Burke
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage.
My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme.
I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?)
To connect imac to local network is gigabit ethernet better than using a thunderbolt
If I have a NAS would i rather use the gigabit ethernet from my new Imac than the thunderboldt with an ethernet adapter, I assume yes
- Asked by Erich H B
- Flag as inappropriate (To connect imac to local network is gigabit ethernet better than using a thunderbolt)
How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?
firewire 800 to to thunderbolt?
- Asked by Markos A from Carss Park
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?)
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port.
Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection?
If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?)
Does the Thunderbolt/Gigabit Ethernet Adapter support auto cable detect?
IE, will the adapter sense whether it is connected to a patch cable or a crossover cable, and adjust transmit/receive line assignments as appropriate?
- Asked by John L from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt/Gigabit Ethernet Adapter support auto cable detect?)
Can I plug in another computer in the thunderbolt ethernet adapter? Ex, can I plug in a Blue Ray player with internet in the adapter?
Use it like an extra internet connection.
- Asked by Miguel R from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug in another computer in the thunderbolt ethernet adapter? Ex, can I plug in a Blue Ray player with internet in the adapter?)