Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
mac book pro retina and sound cards
I bought the new macbook pro retina and I NEED to plug in my sound card which is the profire 2626 with a fire wire 400 output.
Can anybody help me to find the best solution?
- Asked by Simone H from Venezuela
- Flag as inappropriate (mac book pro retina and sound cards)
Can this be used to connect a Firepod audio interface to my iMac?
I looking to connet a Firepod (Firewire 400 audio interface) that I use to record music (with Garageband) to my laptop and a new iMac. Neither have Firewire so would this adaptor work? The Firepod has its own power so no problem there. Does anyone have experiences to share?
- Asked by Keith M
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Firepod audio interface to my iMac?)
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad
I would like to upload raw images via my firewire compact flash card to my 4th gen ipad. My card reader is firewire 800. Thank you.
- Asked by Joseph B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad)
Why are there 2 firewire adapters? MD464zm/a and MD464ll/a
What are the differences/similarities between these 2 adapters?
I am trying to connect to a digital audio mixer, and it's a little fussy.
- Asked by Victor G from St. Adolphe
- Flag as inappropriate (Why are there 2 firewire adapters? MD464zm/a and MD464ll/a)
can a mac mini 2015 work with a project mix fire wire 1394a.. ilink
can a mac mini thunderbolt drive work with a m-audio project mix 1394a [ilink] through an adapter .......thanks
- Asked by Horace M
- Flag as inappropriate (can a mac mini 2015 work with a project mix fire wire 1394a.. ilink)
If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?
- Asked by Denise D from Tuckerton
- Flag as inappropriate (If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?)
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?
I' have a new MacBook and must to connect an old audio board MOTU ultralite have only 2 audioWire female ports (with standard FireWire 1694- 400)
It's possibile to use the new thunderbolt 3 port? Downgrade of transfer rate is supported?
If it's possible, please, where i can found an adpater cable?
- Asked by Arnaldo P from Cagliari
- Flag as inappropriate (How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?)
External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???
Sounds like from the good information on this forum that this adaptor cannot connect an external Thunderbolt drive to an older Firewire Mac.
Given this, does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow one to do this?
This would obviously be useful to those of us with a new iMac in one location and older macs in another where we would like to transfer data between the two using an external Thunderbolt drive.
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate (External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???)