Similar questions from the community
is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
I would like to have an attachable dvd drive for my MacBook Pro which I bought in July 2014. I believe I have a plain usb port. So what type of attachment do I need to make it work or will it even work with my device?
- Asked by Cornelia G from Keswick
- 23 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate is the usb c superdrive compatible with MacBook pro mid 2014
Is this compatible with MacBook Pro (15 inch mid 2009)?
OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 Processor: 2.66 GHz intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
- Asked by Karen K from Quitman
- 26 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Is this compatible with MacBook Pro (15 inch mid 2009)?
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer. I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 9 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?
- Asked by Amit M from Dubai
- 16 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Is the USB Superdrive compatible with MAC MD094?
No answers yet
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012 Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 14 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 15 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- 26 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?
According to numerous articles the new iPadOS supports file transfer and external drives such that drives which work with a newer USB-C equipped Macbook will also work with the new iPads. I understand the need to use an adapter and I already have one for my Macbook Pro, which is just an adapter, not a powered hub. I would like to know if I can use the superdrive directly with my iPad (with the adapter of course)?
- Asked by Bethanne L from Grapevine
- 27 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Am considering a USB-C hub for the iMac Pro which (hub) provides ,5 amps at its USB sockets. I know that is enough to charge an iPhone, but is it enough to operate a SuperDrive? Wouldn't this be the same power if I used a USB-C to USB dongle which Apple sells?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- 10 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Warrandyte
- 5 Nov 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 14 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
I have a new MacBook Air I bought in December 2018. I also purchased a SuperDrive and a USB adapter that accepts power. How do I get the drive to work? I plugged the adapter into the the USB-C, the power cord into the adapter, and the Super Drive into the adapter. What am I missing?
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- 12 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
- Asked by Mohammed H from Bridgeport
- 24 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?
My 27" Mac has an internal disc driver - but when inserting discs "disc not supported" is shown. Apple say driver is most probably broken. Rather than taking mac back to store can I just use the USB Superdrive?
- Asked by Rob S
- 27 Jul 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?
Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
for example burn a CD on itunes using one and burn a DVD at the same time with toast using the other.... Or even better do apple have plans on bringing out a multi-disc burner?
- Asked by Nathan L
- 21 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
No answers yet