Similar questions from the community
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 14 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
Will this work on the new 13" Mac Book Pro? The text specifies a "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display". The new 13" MacBook Pro does not have Retina.
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- 29 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 18 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?
Apologies but I'm finding conflicting answers online to this... I'm upgrading to a new retina 15" from my old air that died a few months ago, went to buy and noticed the MBP with optical drive has been ended so going the retina route but do I have to buy another SuperDrive or will the model above work still? Many thanks...
- Asked by Neil W
- 28 Nov 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?)
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 15 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?)
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
does this product work with the new macbook?
I'm getting the newest macbook that comes in space grey, gold and silver. Is this product compatible with that type of macbook?
- Asked by Maia L from Deakin
- 14 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (does this product work with the new macbook?)
Does this work when plugged into a Thunderbolt Display (if the display itself is connected to an otherwise supported Mac)?
Will my SuperDrive play DVDs on my tv using my MacBook Pro with retina
- Asked by Ian W from Bracknell
- 5 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my SuperDrive play DVDs on my tv using my MacBook Pro with retina)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 14 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
will work with 2009-2012 MBP non retina
- Asked by William M from Greenwood
- 19 Oct 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will work with 2009-2012 MBP non retina)
No answers yet