Similar questions from the community
If I use the lightning to hdmi adapter to connect my iphone 5 to my monitor will I get sound? The monitor itself does not have speakers.
- Asked by Pierce N from Coon Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the lightning to hdmi adapter to connect my iphone 5 to my monitor will I get sound? The monitor itself does not have speakers.)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?
- Asked by Maria Antonietta D from Acaya Di Vernole
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
My thinking is to use the lightning dock with the AV adapter plugged into the back of it so there is a charging port, hdmi port, and audio jack. All this would link to a computer monitor and stereo system. Will it work?
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter
I'd like to hardwire an iPad to my network and a monitor for Airplay, as RF interference in the room degrades all wireless connections ;-( Is it possible to piggyback connectors, by plugging the Lightning Digital AV Adapter in the iPad then plugging a lightning to Ethernet adapter into the AV adapter? Thanks to anyone who's tried it and can share their success or not.
- Asked by Dave N from Ardsley On Hudson
- Flag as inappropriate (Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."
- Asked by Kathrynn L from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Does it work when the Lightning Digital AV Adapter is taken as the input to a HDMI Switch which output the HDMI signal to a digital TV?
I connect my iPhone/iPad to this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter, and then bring it to a HDMI Switch. Using the Switch to pick this iPhone/iPad signal to a digital TV. The image shows distorted colours - e.g. original black colour becomes pink, and similar for other colours. The audio does not have any problem. The same HDMI Switch picks other HDMI signal inputs without any issue. Is this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter deliberately distort the colours if it goes through a Switch?
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
I need an adapter to connect my iphone 5s to my new Honda fits hdmi connection
- Asked by Joseph A from Uniontown
- Flag as inappropriate (I need an adapter to connect my iphone 5s to my new Honda fits hdmi connection)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
- Asked by Daniel W from Raymore
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.)