Similar questions from the community
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
I'd like to use my iPad Air with my projector to do Keynote presentations
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)
How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .
I use my IPhone 7 and AV adapter to output video via HDMI to a projector (Projector has no Audio or Audio output).
So of course I get video just fine but no audio.
I need to be able split off the Audio from the HDMI output to a standard 3.5 audio jack.
I've tried using the Lightning->3.5 adapter that came with the phone but when daisy chained off the Digital AV Adapter the IPhone 7 doesn't recognize it.
I know if I have a Bluetooth speaker connected and swipe up on the IPhone I get an option to switch the audio output between HDMI or Bluetooth.
But this option doesn't appear with the Lightning->3.5 adapter
- Asked by Dan K from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Will an audio app such as spotify work with this adapter? Will the user interface be mirrored and the music outputted to the tv as well?
- Asked by Catherine O from New Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an audio app such as spotify work with this adapter? Will the user interface be mirrored and the music outputted to the tv as well?)
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
My thinking is to use the lightning dock with the AV adapter plugged into the back of it so there is a charging port, hdmi port, and audio jack. All this would link to a computer monitor and stereo system. Will it work?
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
Does it work when the Lightning Digital AV Adapter is taken as the input to a HDMI Switch which output the HDMI signal to a digital TV?
I connect my iPhone/iPad to this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter, and then bring it to a HDMI Switch. Using the Switch to pick this iPhone/iPad signal to a digital TV. The image shows distorted colours - e.g. original black colour becomes pink, and similar for other colours. The audio does not have any problem. The same HDMI Switch picks other HDMI signal inputs without any issue. Is this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter deliberately distort the colours if it goes through a Switch?
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
- Asked by Daniel W from Raymore
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Is this capable of outputting surround sound?
- Asked by Owen I from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this capable of outputting surround sound?)
No answers yet
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?
- Asked by Ed F from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?)
Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?
Using iPhone 6s Plus.... Thanks for the support! Much Love!!!!!
- Asked by Philip R from Collegedale
- Flag as inappropriate (Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible