Similar questions from the community
can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?
I use the Sling Box app on my iPhone 6 to watch live sports. i would like to use this cord, to transfer the image onto my Jeep screen, which has an HDMI input for this cord.
- Asked by Michael D from West Chester
- Flag as inappropriate (can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?)
will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?)
Can you watch Skygo on TVs screen
Skygo would not transfer to TVs screen on earlier models of iPad. Will this connection work with iPad Pro
- Asked by David C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch Skygo on TVs screen)
No answers yet
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3)
I can't get my screen to show up on my TV. I tested the connection by attaching a laptop to the TV, and it works, so this appears to be a problem with either the AV adapter or the iPhone.
- Asked by David G from Vista
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3))
Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.
use of photo editing apps to work on my laptop screen.
- Asked by Christine B from W.monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.)
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
i want to have a second screen for my xbox one s when friends want to watch TV
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?
I was wondering about something like the Focusrite iTrack Solo. I know I would need to use a 30pin to lightning converter for this to work with the iPad and to fit into this adapter, but would I even be able to use both at the same time at all?
- Asked by Michael W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?)
can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?
- Asked by Kum-kum B from Santa Barbara
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?)
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- Flag as inappropriate (Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?)
Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV
I would like to use this adapter to watch Jio TV on my TV screen, does it work?
- Asked by Paras B from Pune
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV)
No answers yet
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display
Is it possible to play video produced by an iphone 5 over my vehicles navigation system screen with only AV outlets?
- Asked by Clint C from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate (playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display)
Can I connect an ant+ stick to an ipad via the lighting adapter (input to the ipad) and display to TV via HMDI at the same time?
I want to use my ipad to receive speed and cadence data fro my cycle trainer and display results to a large screen
- Asked by Mike M from Tapping
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an ant+ stick to an ipad via the lighting adapter (input to the ipad) and display to TV via HMDI at the same time?)