Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor
I recently bought an external CD drive. It works great on other computers, but due to the multiport adaptor it does not seem to have enough power. How do I connect it? Is there another connecter I need to buy?
- Asked by Kathleen M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor)
Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?
I have a MacBook Air that I have connected to my 26" Apple Cinematic display (with speakers) (pre-Thunderbolt). Will this or another cable allow me to use the new MacBook in clamshell mode with my display?
- Asked by John V from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?)
Can i connect 2 screens with the adapter? I have 1 screen connected with a HDMI cable, is it possible to have 2 screens connected with the adapter?
IS it possible to connect an usb to ethernet cable (for the internet connection if there is no wifi available) while also loading the new Macbook ?
Is it possible to connect , via an adapter or cable, directly to an DP or miniDP Monitor. Or must it be a HDMI connector at the Monitor ?
How many monitors can I connect to this connector?
Can I buy another one and connect two monitors? I'm planing to buy a Macbook to replace my MacBook Pro, and currently I'm supporting two monitors besides the laptop monitor.
- Asked by Cosmin I from Sequim
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I connect to this connector?)
Is it possible to use for multiple external displays?
I'm very interested in purchasing a latest generation Macbook (first to use USB-C), however I'd like to be able to attach two external displays to the macbook. (Similar to what you can do with the Macbook Pro). Is it possible to use this adapter (maybe daisy chained?) to utilize two external displays?
- Asked by David L from Homewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use for multiple external displays?)
does it work with macbook 12inch (the newest model)?
I need it to connect my GoPro camera and view the files on my MacBook. So does or will it work?
- Asked by Isairis S from Channelview
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with macbook 12inch (the newest model)?)
It is possible to use a USB Hub in addition to this adapter?
- Asked by Jason K from Asheville
- Flag as inappropriate (It is possible to use a USB Hub in addition to this adapter?)
How does this cable work if you want to connect to a VGA projector for presentations? Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter won't work
Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?
I use and love my Rain Design mStand for ergonomic and thermal dissipation with my MBP. I have a dongle for the DisplayPort to hdmi for an external monitor. I have noticed that because of the mStand it seems to place vertical stress on the DisplayPort on the side of the MBP. The port bears the weight of the dongle and the cord that connects to it all day, every day.
I imagine this adapter was designed to have the single USB-C "tail" plug in to the port on the side of the MacBook and then have the various cords come out of the three ports on the opposite side to the various devices/power. I am wondering if it is possible to get a single USB-C cable that would run from the Macbook to the adapter and then have the adapter act as more of hub at the base of my external monitor. This setup would also improve cable management by keeping the clutter of three cables further away from where I would be connecting to the MacBook.
- Asked by Brian M from Bayside
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB-C ports on this be used interchangeably (reversed) and still provide full connectivity to the new Macbook?)
iPhone5S hdmi to TV and projector display possible?
- Asked by John W from Oakville
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone5S hdmi to TV and projector display possible?)
Will a 2017 iMac -> USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter -> HDMI to Dual-Link DVI-D adapter -> Apple Cinema HD 30" Display work at 2560 X 1600 at 60Hz?
Will a 2017 iMac connected to a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter connected to an HDMI to Dual-Link DVI-D adapter connected to an Apple Cinema HD 30" Display work at 2560 X 1600 at 60Hz?
What about a Macbook Pro?
Could the USB-C port be cascaded with another multiport adapter? Or, is this USB-C port only dedicated for power adapter?
Could the USB-C port be cascaded with another multiport adapter? (In order to get more USB ports) Or, is this USB-C port on sigle multiport adapter only dedicated for power adapter?
Video output options are limited. See description.
As Apple offers this adapter for HDMI output, which is limited resolution, question one is can you then use a HDMI to DVI adapter to connect a DVI monitor? Secondly, the specs page says (in part) "Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors" and later "Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output" So that would support this resolution, at unknown refresh rate, but how? Will there be another forthcoming USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter that could then be re-adapted to Dual-Link DVI or connected to a supported UHD display?
- Asked by Bradley D from Nesconset
- Flag as inappropriate (Video output options are limited. See description.)
Is ist possible to use an adapter from HDMI to (mini-)displayport in order to plug in higher resolution displays then 1080p ?
Has anyone tried this adapter (or the similar VGA adapter) with an Android phone or tablet with USB-C connector?
I'd like to be able to have my Android phone being charged while having it connected to an external USB device that can't charge it (like an external disk or other peripheral). I realize that it's very unlikely that the video port could work, since that would require a specific driver in the phone/tablet, and I don't need that. But if this adapter could provide a standard USB port while allowing charging, that would be very useful.
- Asked by Michael G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone tried this adapter (or the similar VGA adapter) with an Android phone or tablet with USB-C connector?)
So how will I connect my hard drive to the computer?
If it doesn't accept the 3.0 hard drive, which has everything from my old computer backed up onto it, how will I connect my drive to the new macbook?
- Asked by Aubrey G from Sherman Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate (So how will I connect my hard drive to the computer?)