Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- 19 Jun 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?
- Asked by Shawn I from Cane Ridge
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?)
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
1. Will this work with iPhone 6 (not listed under compatibility)?
2. Hard to understand exactly what powers this. Is it a power supply? A powered hub? the USB3 connector used for the Mac?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Does this device support HEIF/HEVC formats?
Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter
- Asked by Brian C from Dauphin
- 6 Oct 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device support HEIF/HEVC formats?)
No answers yet
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- 4 Apr 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
Does this adapter allow connection of external storage devices [sticks] so data can b read/loaded to iPad Pro & written back to the external device?
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this
- Asked by Patrick P
- 24 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?)
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- 9 Mar 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)