Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro. Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
- Asked by Melvin M from Kamuela
- 24 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
Can use a USB Ethernet Adapter with this?
It seems this would be a cheaper option to purchase the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter in conjunction with the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter as the Belkin Ethernet + Power Adapter with Lightning Connecter is more expensive. But will it still work regardless of the fact its a USB 3 Camera Adapter? Thanks
- Asked by Isabel X
- 29 Dec 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can use a USB Ethernet Adapter with this?
Can you connect a computer powered USB 3 hard drive with this connector?
- Asked by Douglas R from Los Angeles
- 21 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can you connect a computer powered USB 3 hard drive with this connector?
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up. It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
Is this Adapter only used for a Camera or can I use something else to connect to my iPhone that has a USB plug, such as a USB to Ethernet Adapter.
I want to connect an ethernet cable to my iPhone, to see if it will improve my internet connection. But I may possibly have to buy this, and then a USB to Ethernet Adapter. However this says it supports cameras, so I just want to be sure I can use it this way instead for transferring photos.
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- 19 Jun 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
How do I know which usb devices will work.
My thumb drive gives the error. Accessory requires too much power.
- Asked by Barbara S
- 29 Feb 2020
- Flag as inappropriate How do I know which usb devices will work.
No answers yet
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Will this Power a USB Midi Keyboard
I have a USB powered midi keyboard that I wish to connect to my iPad. The keyboard is bus powered (Native Instruments, Komplete Kontrol 61) Will this connector power the Keyboard if connected to a power source at the same time whilst transmitting Midi to the IPad?
- Asked by Ben P
- 16 May 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this Power a USB Midi Keyboard
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- 4 Apr 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kevin P from Blue Springs
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?
Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?
- Asked by Shawn I from Cane Ridge
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Is the USB Power Adapter included or is that a separate accessory? Will I be able to connect a usb drive foe extra storage?
Can I connect usb card reader to this and transfer photos from a cf card without adding power cord? I need a way to backup out on hikes w/o power.
- Asked by Bryce H from Lino Lakes
- 7 Apr 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect usb card reader to this and transfer photos from a cf card without adding power cord? I need a way to backup out on hikes w/o power.
Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
I am trying to get video shot in (in Filmic Pro, and up to 15gb of raw data) transferred from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen) while in the field (no external power is available), will this work using this set up (knowing I need a USB drive)? Currently using a Sandisk ixpand drive, but the transfer times taking off the phone, and then to the ipad are incredibly slow. Plus, and really worse, it really drains significant battery life from both. If no, might you have any suggestions as to how to get this done?
- Asked by Michael T from Hastings
- 14 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
No answers yet