Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
Audio Interface Compatibilty. Can we use any audio interface that uses USB, or will they have to be MFI? What about audio interface drivers?
Will audio interfaces have to be made for iPad Pro to be compatible. Or will we be able to use this adapter to plug in audio interfaces we own already? Some audio interfaces like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 work without installing drivers on the Mac. On the Mac you can just plug it in and it just works. On the iPad I wonder if the same would be true. Apple we need clarification. In the description of the product it says the following...
"Then you can connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces, and card readers for CompactFlash, SD, microSD, and more."
All I want to know is am I wasting my money if I buy this and try to use it with an existing audio interface.
Also, does GarageBand for iOS on iPad Pro 12.9" support audio interfaces plugged in through this adapter? Or do we have to wait for an update.
- Asked by Kyle F from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Audio Interface Compatibilty. Can we use any audio interface that uses USB, or will they have to be MFI? What about audio interface drivers?)
If I use this with my ipad to connect to a audio interface namely the Focusrite 6i6 could I use the the adapter to charge the iPad at the same time
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Does it support devices which draw more power?
I'm using the previous generation adapter to connect audio/midi devices.
Some devices do not work because they draw too much power, they need a powered USB hub inbetween to be supported by iOS.
Wondering if this new adapter supports devices which draw more power, if it is connected to a charger?
- Asked by Jakob P from Cologne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support devices which draw more power?)
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
- Asked by J P R
- Flag as inappropriate (does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2)
If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?
- Asked by Eric K from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?)
Can you daisy-chain the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter with the new Lightning Digital AV Adapter and power the iPad?
It's physically possible to daisy-chain the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter with the new Digital AV adapter and also feed power to the iPad Pro 12.9". But will they both be recognised and work correctly. I'd like to connect both adapters to my iPad Pro 12.9" and use a USB audio interface and also display the output of the iPad to a screen. Thanks in advance for your help.
Can I use this device to connect to my iPhone X and then to my car amp to use an app called tweeq to use dsp onboard amplifier?
Hi. I have a Kicker IQ1000.5 car audio amplifier that’s has intelligent options for tuning via Kicker Tweeq app. There is a usb connection on the amp. Will this adapter work for this purpose to connect my iPhone X to amplifier? Thanks.
- Asked by Sokha C from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to connect to my iPhone X and then to my car amp to use an app called tweeq to use dsp onboard amplifier?)
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Does it work with the iPhone (6s) as well? I would like to use a Zoom H2n microphone in conjunction with Garageband or other audio-software on it.
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)
On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?
Our sound system at church allows me to record any audio from the system into a MP3 file on a USB drive or SD card. I'd like to pull these straight into GarageBand for podcast editing. Right now, I have to jump through numerous hoops to make this happen.
- Asked by Todd B from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?)
Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?
- Asked by Aaron P from Sylmar
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?)
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)