Questions & Answers for PROMISE 2TB Pegasus R Series SATA Drive Module
4 Questions from the Community
Can the PROMISE Pegasus R Series 2TB SATA Drive Module replace a bad i7 iMac 2TB HD?
- Asked by David Z from Lafayette Hill
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the PROMISE Pegasus R Series 2TB SATA Drive Module replace a bad i7 iMac 2TB HD?)
I called Promise Tech support and they verified that the drive in their module is a consumer class drive. If you want to upgrade your drives to 3TB yourself, you can buy a Seagate Barracuda Model ST3000DM001. It is approved according to a the "Pegasus R4 / R6 First Release Compatibility List, Version 1.5" I found on Promises support site. They list two 3TB drives (both the same model number above). One is a regular Barracuda Firmware CC4H, the other is a Barracuda (Blackpoint) Firmware CC43.
- Answered by Thomas M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are the HD's in this module Enterprise level HD's? Such as the Seagate Constellation series drives?)
All you need for your Mac Pro is a hard drive not this Module, this module will only work in the Promise Pegasus R4 and R6
- Answered by Edward G from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the PROMISE Pegasus R Series 3TB SATA Drive Module work in the Mac Pro computer)