Questions & Answers for Hive Active Heating
12 Questions from the Community
when will hive work with apple
- Asked by Jan S
- Flag as inappropriate (when will hive work with apple)
Does the hive work with an oil fuelled boiler?
- Asked by Alison C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the hive work with an oil fuelled boiler?)
The type of fuel the Boiler uses is immaterial. I fitted my Hive to an electric Boiler. If your Boiler works with a standard programmer then it will work to the Hive.
- Answered by James P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the hive work with an oil fuelled boiler?)
Is this system HomeKit enabled?
I need to be able to control this system in sync with an elgato eve and Phillips Hue system
- Asked by Thomas C from Feltham
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this system HomeKit enabled?)
Short answer "No. Hive doesn't support HomeKit".
Long answer: "I'm in exactly the same position, and totally frustrated that none of the UK thermostats can do what I need".
- Answered by Ian S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this system HomeKit enabled?)
Can you tell me how this links to HomeKit?
I looked up Homekit devices and the Hive Active Heating appears in the search results.
Can you explain how this is linked into the Homekit functionality please?
- Asked by Jason H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you tell me how this links to HomeKit?)
I have a Hive smart meter. (the one which shows up in the "home
kit compatible" search section) ... Fully Installed by British Gas.
However Apple Home won't recognise it via the app. (Search for devices won't find it).
Maybe Hive haven't got round to software mods yet. Its bad advertising anyway, as not compatible.
- Answered by Nathan L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you tell me how this links to HomeKit?)
Yes. It replaces your controller and thermostat.
We have an oil fired system and it works perfectly for heating and hot water.
- Answered by Andrew P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Hive unit work with an oil fired central heating and hot water system?)
Is Hive compatible with HomeKit?
- Asked by David M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Hive compatible with HomeKit?)
Hive is not compatible for homekit.
It is therefore not compatible with Siri either
Apple have certified only certain chips for security and hive doesn't have those chips inside the hub
It is compatible with Amazon Alexa on the echo and echo dot if you want voice control
I believe a workaround with another piece of kit may be coming in 2017
- Answered by Gareth C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is Hive compatible with HomeKit?)
No, unfortunately not. There is an open source 3rd party solution (search the web for
HomeKit Hive) but it requires a Mac/PC/Raspberry Pi or something to be always on to run the service, and requires a bit of configuration which you may not want to do. Unfortunately in the UK we do thermostats slightly different (HomeKit wants HVAC, so up and down) we tend to do up only.
- Answered by Matt H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Hive Thermostat is the apple Homekit enabled and work with iPhone Homekit App)
Does Hive adjust heating 'on' times depending upon outside/inside temperatures and learned warm-up time?
I wish to control heating of a large church which is only used a few days a week. The warm-up time can vary considerably depending on inside and outside temperatures. I do not want to waste energy by warming the building too early or have occupants freeze because the heating still has not warmed the building. If Hive learns the heating performance from past operation then it could calculate the appropriate switch-on time subject to user-controlled limits. The Google Nest product has a similar feature.
Hi I have the hive system previous to this the white one, does this or the previous version support the ihomekit control through Siri? Many thanks JAnswer
Neither work with HomeKit, hive keep saying that they are planning to, but as of yet no
what about home kit? will this come to hive?
- Asked by Daniel H from Pudsey
- Flag as inappropriate (what about home kit? will this come to hive?)