Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
227 Questions from the Community
can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?
- Asked by Steve H from Fortuna
- Flag as inappropriate (can i hook my mac book air (early 2014) to tv?)
Yes, as long as you meet two requirements:
(1) You have the new series of MacBook Pros with the mini display plug, which is significantly smaller than the old mini DVI plugs.
(2) You purchase a cable that has one male DVI-D end (to plug into this adapter) and one male HDMI end (to plug into the TV). There are two types of DVI-D cables. This will only carry single-link, although both types will physically plug in and work.
p.s. This type of cabling system will not carry audio to your TV since DVI-D cannot carry audio, so you will need to hook an external sound source to your MPB if you want greater sound than your computer speakers can produce.
- Answered by Tony B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I want to connect my macbook to our Samsung lcd television, is this the right cable?)
how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?)
24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display
- Asked by Brenda P from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (24" LED monitor, need to connect to Mac Mini with DVI, not mini port display)
how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?
- Asked by David R from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?)
IF your MBA is a late 2010 (ie. Latest) model, the Mini DisplayPort will carry audio as well as video. So - IF your TV has a HDMI port, you would be better off buying a Moshi Mini DP to HDMI adapter, so the audio can play through the TV.
- Answered by Fraser A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I hook up my macbook air to my TV?)