Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
166 Questions from the Community
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
- Asked by Harm B
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?)
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
I just purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 32" monitor and it only has hdmi and displayport output. My PC computer's graphic card has DVI. I want to get the 2560x1600 resolution and I thought this cable would work. I connected the mini displayport to the monitor, USB to the computer and the DVI port to the graphics card. I can't get it to work. The monitor says mini displayport not active even after turning on computer. Thanks.
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv
I want to watch a movie I down loaded on my iPad threw my tv
- Asked by Sandy R from Sharptown
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
Yes. There are two choices:
1) As the first poster noted, get an AppleTV. Most versatile choice and lets you display certain output like Video , pictures on the TV as well as play music from the iPad. A nice solution.
2) A cheaper solution is to get the Apple Composite AV Cable (MC748ZM)
Note that not all apps are built to support output from the iPad to the TV, but those games that do support it are awesome!
- Answered by Aleck C from Bowie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
Can I connect a DVI based mac to a new Thunderbolt display using this adapter.
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
The Thunderbolt monitor _only_ works with Macs that have a Thunderbolt port.
This adapter is for connecting legacy Dual-Link DVI monitors (i.e., the Apple Cinema 30" display) to a mDP or Thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Kevin W from Powell
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?)
You need another piece of hardware, which falls into one of two major categories:
1) A Matrox Dualhead2go is a device that "tricks" your laptop into thinking that the two displays are a single display. Due to this trick, it has some limitations, but provides good graphics performance. The device costs between $100-200.
2) A USB graphics card, such as the EVGA UV Plus+, which run about $60. These devices give you another display without tricking your computer, but do not offer the same level of graphics performance that the Matrox does. These are great for looking at big spreadsheets/documents, but not great for movies or games.
- Answered by John G from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?)