Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
I would like to connect my imac to a the cinema display screen using this lead isit possible and isit the right connection?
I wondering if this mini displayport to dual link dvi adapter will work with an imac next to it connected so i will be working onto screens?Best Answer:
This is the correct connector for the 30" Cinema display. You will also need a DVI cable to connect the adapter to the display itself.
- Answered by Ben S from Golden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I would like to connect my imac to a the cinema display screen using this lead isit possible and isit the right connection?)
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
As long as it uses standard DVI or VGA inputs you should be able to do it. Depending on the model you might need an adapter or dongle.
- Answered by Cyrus A from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does mini work with dell monitor)
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
Can I connect a DVI based mac to a new Thunderbolt display using this adapter.
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
The Thunderbolt monitor _only_ works with Macs that have a Thunderbolt port.
This adapter is for connecting legacy Dual-Link DVI monitors (i.e., the Apple Cinema 30" display) to a mDP or Thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
Would I be able to get the 2560x1600 resolution out of my Mac Mini if using the following series of adapters...
Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV?
Or would the HDMI adapter downscale the resolution?
I intend on using my 32" 1080p HDTV up close as a monitor, and therefore require a high resolution. Is this possible?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
No answers yet