Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
516 Questions from the Community
how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Mary B from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
Plug and play. There will be no Icon on the screen until you insert a DVD, CD, Install disk. That is my experience and I have two different Mac computers I use it on. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Bryce F from Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
what software do I need to burn CDs with a Super Drive
- Asked by Charles J G from Downingtown
- Flag as inappropriate (what software do I need to burn CDs with a Super Drive)
NO, it is NOT designed for that purpose, it is Only to be used with the MacBook Air, Pro with Retina Disp and the Mac Mini.
An IPAD does NOT have a USB Port. it would had been ideal if it did, but it does not. A choice Apple made while designing the product.
if you are looking for a way to access big files on your IPAD, i beleive Seagate has an External Hard Drive, which goes by the name of "Wi-Drive", which can Stream contents over a WI-FI network and share it with a iOS product, such as IPAD, IPhone and Ipod Touch.
- Answered by Thomas B from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the apple USB Superdrive work with the new ipad)
Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
can i use this with my macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?
- Asked by Jordan D from Cudahy
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this with my macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?)
If your MacBook Pro came with an internal optical drive, then NO it won't work.
- Answered by Larry H from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use this with my macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)?)
- Answered by Alan E from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (All I need this drive for is to upload software, such as word for mac...is this the device I need??)
How many gb of storage does this have?
- Asked by Rebecca S from Cockeyville
- Flag as inappropriate (How many gb of storage does this have?)
how to copy files to the USB Superdrive
- Asked by Paul M from Torrance
- Flag as inappropriate (how to copy files to the USB Superdrive)
will apple usb superdrive read European coding?
- Asked by William C from Woolwich
- Flag as inappropriate (will apple usb superdrive read European coding?)
Can I keep my USB Superdrive connected to my Mac
- Asked by George H from Mililani
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I keep my USB Superdrive connected to my Mac)
how to import movie from USB Superdrive to computer
I have attached an Apple USB SuperDrive to my OSX Version 10.95 Macbook Pro. I am able to play a CD instruction movie on the computer, but I can't figure out how to download it for easier access.
- Asked by Beverly T from Paradise Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (how to import movie from USB Superdrive to computer)