Questions & Answers for Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
118 Questions from the Community
Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?
Wish to edit fottage from my go pro on my ipad mini using imovie. Thank You
- Asked by James W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?)
What is the practical usage of this?
Is the only use for this with an iPhone 5 for 'charging'? How about connecting a digital camera?
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the practical usage of this?)
Per an EU MoU (IP-09-1049), mobile phone manufacturers are required to support micro-USB connections on their devices. This ensures that regardless of device, one type of charger connection will work.
Apple satisfies this requirement by providing an adapter at additional cost. If you're like most people and have multiple devices that use micro-USB in addition to newer Apple products, this device allows you to use the same cables for all of them, be it charging or connecting to your computer.
- Answered by Thomas N from Brighton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the practical usage of this?)
Can I use a lightening to micro USB adapter to load my iTunes from my iPad 4 to a new iPod 7?
I don't have a regular computer or laptop. I am a iPad user and I would like to use my new iPod but I keep finding it difficult to load songs to it. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Products I currently have:
iPad 4 with wifi connection at home only;charger
iPod nano 7th generation;USB port charger
- Asked by Amanda M from Kerrville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a lightening to micro USB adapter to load my iTunes from my iPad 4 to a new iPod 7?)
Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?
So when i use it with a micro-usb cable and the 12W USB Power Adapter (for iPad) to charge my iPhone 5, does it charge as fast as the original lightning cable?
- Asked by Kins C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?)
As far as we publicly know, the iPhone 5 will use a maximum of 5W (5V x 1.0A) to charge. The maximum power for for micro USB by specification is 9W (5V x 1.8A). Even if using the 12W charger (or a 1000W charger), the iPhone will only draw 5W. If you were to use another device that wanted more power (iPad 4th gen - wants up to 12W), you might be limited by the physical USB connector cable as 9W might be the maximum physically possible. If more power was delivered through the micro USB cable, it may heat up, cause a fire, or short circuit unless the cable and pins were intentionally designed to surpass specification.
- Answered by Mark B from Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it do fast charging when i use it with a 12W USB Power Adapter?)
ipad mini to ethernet
Can I attach my iPad mini to an ether net cable. Don't have a lot of access to wi-fi, but yes to ethernet connections. Will this Micro adapter allow me to then plug in my USB ethernet adaptor that I have for my mac and then access internet on mini.
- Asked by K A from Sale
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad mini to ethernet)
works to place micro sd card 32 gb???
- Asked by Dayana T
- Flag as inappropriate (works to place micro sd card 32 gb???)
No. This simply swaps the tail end of the normal iOS sync cable to a standard micro-usb.
- Answered by Russell Z from West Valley City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (works to place micro sd card 32 gb???)
Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?
How can I work with documents and files on my IPad II from my pen drives?
- Asked by Barbara E from San Benito
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
You can't use a USB pen drive directly with the iPad 2, even when using the camera kit (which supports USB connection to certain digital cameras), neither can you connect USB hubs or other peripherals - only certain digital cameras.
One workaround is to use a USB pen drive that accepts SD cards with your computer, then remove the SD card from the pen drive and use the second device which comes with the iPad camera kit - the SD card reader, to transfer the files.
Bear in mind that even with this second method you can only transfer photographs (and only those photos in a format compatible with iOS). You're best off using a 3rd party cloud service on your computer and loading a suitable cloud client from the App Store on your iPad to be able to transfer and those files to the iPad for use with a compatible App.
- Answered by Adrian D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
Can I use this adapter for connecting the Micro usb to hdmi?
I want to connect my iphone 5S to HDMI without soending $40 in an adapter. I own an adapter from micro usb to hdmi. Can i use it?
- Asked by Juan M from Bogota
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter for connecting the Micro usb to hdmi?)
The Lightning to Micro USB adapter allows you to connect your iPhone or iPad to any existing Micro USB cable for charging and syncing. It doesn’t support line-level audio or video applications.
- Answered by Soe W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this adapter for connecting the Micro usb to hdmi?)
I misplace my charger for my Mophie Juice pack plus i have on my iphone 5. is this the adapter i need to convert my iphone 5 charger to mophie juice p
I misplace my charger for my Mophie Juice pack plus i have on my iphone 5. is this the adapter i need to convert my iphone 5 charger to mophie juice pack plus charger?Best Answer:
No - this works the other way round unfortunately.
The Mophie juice pack uses a Micro USB cable to charge. This adaptor converts a Micro USB cable into a Lightning cable - so this would, for example, enable you to use a Mophie power cable (which is Micro USB) to charge your iPhone directly.
You need a Micro USB cable for the Mophie juice pack - you could just buy any old Micro USB cable and use your existing iPhone power adaptor (the bit with the big USB socket on it you plug in your normal lightning cable to) to charge the Mophie - that will cost alot less than buying any apple adaptor/convertor.
How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?
- Asked by Keikilani C from Lihu'e Kauai
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?)
Can I import my music off of this?
I have an iPad mini and I want to import my music to my iPod 5th generation. Will this do the trick?
- Asked by Trina S from Marshal
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I import my music off of this?)
Will this allow me to put photos and videos from the micro SD card from my go pro to my iPhone 6?
I find it takes too long to download everything I have captured on my gopro and then transfer it from my laptop to my iPhone, I want to be able to quickly access it without the use of a laptop of computer.
Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?
- Asked by Patricia C from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?)
When using this with a standard micro USB to USB cable is electrically the same as the lightning to USB cables?
I need to have multiple lightning to USB cables for charge at work and plugging to a car stereo, is this electrically the same when using it with a standard micro USB to USB cable? The car stereo with the standard Apple cable can control and convert the digital audio from it. I have lots of micro USB to USB cables and charger to leave at work and in the car and carrying this is easier or cheaper than buying a bunch of real Apple cables.
- Asked by Albert C from Huntington
- Flag as inappropriate (When using this with a standard micro USB to USB cable is electrically the same as the lightning to USB cables?)