Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
129 Questions from the Community
How can i conect my midi controller novation impulse and my focusrite scarlett 2i4 with ipad? Do work With the lightning to usb camera adapter?
No answers yet
Warranty on camera connection kit? How long is the warranty for the Camera Connection Kit?
Warranty time for the Camera Connection Kit?
I've had the camera connection kit for just under a year, and used it 50+ times with my camera and music keyboard. It worked fine before, yet now (even without a device attached to the adapter) I get an error saying the devices is using too much power. I'm only plugging in the camera connection kit. Again, I'm only connecting the adapter, without any device attached, I am still seeing this error.
How long is the warranty for the Camera Connection Kit?
- Asked by Chad H from Louisville
- 14 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Warranty on camera connection kit? How long is the warranty for the Camera Connection Kit?)
Can I use with USB stick to get photos transferred?
I have many photos backed up on USB stick. I do not have another computer to sync in ITunes with, but I have my USB stick..... Will this adapter let me do this?
- Asked by Scott F from Penn Valley
- 4 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use with USB stick to get photos transferred?)
Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?
The camera comes with a built in project and I want to know if I can use this cable to project images from my iphone through the cameras projector?
- Asked by Emma L
- 22 May 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?)
Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?
- Asked by Richard B from Farmingdale
- 12 Feb 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?)
We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?Best Answer:
You can plug a very limited number of mass storage devices into this, provided they have enough power (or you use a powered USB hub), and access photos from them. Unofficially, some keyboards, MIDI devices, and microphones also work (dependant on the app).
However, it cannot be used as you would a USB port on a normal computer; ie, with webcams, printers, game controllers, CD drives, etc
Some applications, such as Goodreader, may also be able to open a small number other types of files from attached USB sticks, such as PDF documents. However, this is not comparable to the flexibility of a laptop's USB port.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- 26 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?)
Can I use to connect shuffle to lightning connector speaker device?
- Asked by Ginaveve H from Thatcher
- 28 Dec 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use to connect shuffle to lightning connector speaker device?)
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- 12 Apr 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
The iMac has an SD slot at the rear so does not need the SD adaptor. The iMac has USB ports as well, so will connect directly to the camera USB cable.
That is, the adaptor is not needed for the iMac.
- Answered by Stephen F
- 16 May 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
what cameras does it work with
- Asked by George H from Rochester
- 2 Jul 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what cameras does it work with)
Can I use it with my AT2020 USB microphone in the iPad?
- Asked by Edgar Fabian E from Puebla
- 3 Sep 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it with my AT2020 USB microphone in the iPad?)
Can I connect a USB headset
Like the Razer Kraken 7.1 Surround Sound Over Ear USB Gaming Headset
- Asked by Collin W from Hyde Park
- 19 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a USB headset)
Does this adapter works on Canon EOS M6?
- Asked by Chun Yen Y from San Jose
- 22 May 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works on Canon EOS M6?)
Will it work on Nikon Camera ?
- Asked by Lim E
- 22 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on Nikon Camera ?)
Is the lightning to usb adapter is compatible with our ipad with retina display (MD511C/A) for the purpose of connecting to our Nikon D3100
No answers yet
Can I use an USB thumb drive to store files (like Word or Excel files) then, with the cable, read and access these files on my iPad?
No answers yet