Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
218 Questions from the Community
I can use skype video chat from this ?
- Asked by Lorenzo M from Tempe
- 10 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I can use skype video chat from this ?)
- Answered by Sean L
- 4 Jan 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I can use skype video chat from this ?)
Can u watch sky mobile app ( not sky go app ) with the iphone 5s lighting adapter on a hdtv?
People have said you cannot use this adapter for sky go, i just got the sky sports channels through vodafone and was wonderin if the Sky mobile app worked with this adapter? Has anyone tried it? Thanks in advance
would this cable work for when I want to use ZWIFT and show it on my TV
- Asked by John Stephen M
- 26 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (would this cable work for when I want to use ZWIFT and show it on my TV)
Will this work on ios9?
I just want to know if this will work on IOS9, as there have been some threads saying it stopped after ios8. Not sure just checking as I just updated.
I have all the new compatible devices, but want to know if the upgrade might not let it work.
- Asked by Ged J
- 27 Sep 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on ios9?)
I have found the answer to be both yes and no. While watching youtube clips in Safari, once the iPhone running IOS 9.1 goes into auto lock the video-out cuts out. You have to unlock the device for the adapter to kick back in. I have yet to find a post detailing a work around for this. This problem did seem to arise once we started using IOS9 ...never happened prior to that.
- Answered by Daniel Q from Thousand Oaks
- 25 Oct 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work on ios9?)
Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Hi I have a lg 4K ultra hdtv can I watch to show I bought on iTunes with the Lightning digital AV adapter and also can I play games on my iPhone 6s to go through to the tv so it's a bigger screen ? Your help would be much appreciated.
- Asked by Zoe - Ann D
- 10 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?)
what's the "difference's?.. between a digital AV adapter & a digital AV lightening adapter. I have an iPad Air and want to watch programs etc. via tv
No answers yet
Can I connect to Home Theatre system
Connectin iPhone 6 Plus to LG home theatre systems
- Asked by Paul Deepak E
- 1 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to Home Theatre system)
Will this adapter work with my iMac 27" Late 2015 model?
- Asked by Joe H from Frederick
- 19 Jun 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with my iMac 27" Late 2015 model?)
Most definitely yes, this works with sound. It also works with the audible.com app just fine. Be aware, however, that Facetime will not rout through the adapter but stays on the phone. Also, be aware that telephone calls made through the phone app will say on the phone itself and not rout through the connecter. For blind Voice OVer users, Voice Over will speak on the phone itself and not be routed through the adapter: rather a nice plus.
- Answered by Raymond F from Houma
- 18 Sep 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this product work with sound as well as video?)
is the lightning adapter compatable with iphone 6plus
- Asked by Scott C from New Haven
- 17 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (is the lightning adapter compatable with iphone 6plus)
Just plug it in. In my case, it didn't matter the order sequence of the connected devices. But just to be sure, have the TV or monitor on and ready, connected first to the adapter and to the appropriate HDMI input selected. Then to the iOS device on and unlocked on the home screen to the Lightning adapter. The charger part of it is not required (well, at least in my case) but it does help charge your iOS device while you can extend or disable the auto-shutoff screen setting on it. This is helpful because when the screen on your iOS device shuts off, it also shuts off the connection to the TV or monitor and this can get annoying.
- Answered by Jonathan R from Madison
- 31 May 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I mitrror my iPad to tv through the av adapter)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 22 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
The iPad mini and the iPad 4 work with this adapter. For earlier models you need the 30 pin version of this adapter.
This is assuming your smart board has HDMI, if it lacks this connection and only has VGA, then you will need to use the appropriate VGA adapter for your iPad.
Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?
- Asked by Tania R from Great Neck
- 30 Jul 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?)