Questions & Answers for AirPods
900 Questions from the Community
Can you use the Apple Pencil and AirPods simultaneously with the iPad Pro?
I was wondering if the iPad Pro can connect to the AirPods and Apple Pencil simultaneously to listen while writing or drawing. Has anyone tested this functionality?
- Asked by Jean A from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Apple Pencil and AirPods simultaneously with the iPad Pro?)
Yes you can. I currently have both paired and working together
- Answered by Matt H from Harrah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use the Apple Pencil and AirPods simultaneously with the iPad Pro?)
They are compatible with many android devices, but they won't have the cool animation that pops up when you connect them, you have to use the normal bluetooth connection method.
- Answered by Zachary H from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are the airpods compatable with samsung or other devices)
Hi, I have a few questions please: 1. can I charge one airpod while I'm using the other one ? 2. the tap option is usable on both pods ?
No answers yet
Double tap on an air pod and Siri will open then say “Skip song” Or say “Raise the volume”, “Pause”
- Answered by Kristy C from Ferndale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I skip at track, pause, raise and lower the volume?)
With ios11, have there been any changes ? I can not longer acces Siri with two touches
When Inused to touch twice on the right AirPod, it used to acces Siri.
Now it does not anymore.
Since I upgraded to iOS 11
Have there been any changes ?
- Asked by Luis H from Lima
- Flag as inappropriate (With ios11, have there been any changes ? I can not longer acces Siri with two touches)
I have been successful with a clorox wipe. You can also use puddy to press in the case and remove the dirt/dust.
- Answered by Kai M from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Best way to clean)
can they be used as hearing aids?
- Asked by Leon R from Center Moriches
- Flag as inappropriate (can they be used as hearing aids?)
There are several iOS apps that function as a hearing aid using the single microphone in the wired EarPods (See Petralex for one app that adjusts for L&R hearing loss by frequency). Since the AirPods feature a microphone on *both* left and right devices, I am extremely optimistic that developers will create an iOS app that will be able to triangulate audio inputs for improved directional reception and sound adjustment. Based on my current experience with that app using EarPods in noisy restaurants and at concerts, I anticipate that the Airpods may well provide an affordable adaptive device alternative for people with gradual age-related hearing loss.
- Answered by Ross M from Eugene
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can they be used as hearing aids?)
So no noise canceling? Big missed opportunity. Why is it Bose has a great noise canceling ear buds and Apple/Beats has nothing competitive?
Bose ear N/C buds cost $299 and no other company has anything in the $100 to $200 range that even comes close on an airplane.
- Asked by Allan H from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate (So no noise canceling? Big missed opportunity. Why is it Bose has a great noise canceling ear buds and Apple/Beats has nothing competitive?)
Noise Isolating? Can they block some of the exterior noise while listening to music?
- Asked by Juan Manuel P from Lowell
- Flag as inappropriate (Noise Isolating? Can they block some of the exterior noise while listening to music?)
When the Airpod is connected to the iWatch, how the volume is changed?
- Asked by Claudio C from Winter Garden
- Flag as inappropriate (When the Airpod is connected to the iWatch, how the volume is changed?)
Does this mean that we will no longer get free headphones that come with the phone? Do we have to buy the headphones and the phone separately?
- Asked by Samantha G from Chicopee
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this mean that we will no longer get free headphones that come with the phone? Do we have to buy the headphones and the phone separately?)
No answers yet
The AirPods case can be charged using the lighting cable (actually there is lighting cable supplied in the box with the AirPods) and your normal iPhone USB power adaptor, and you can use a power bank provided it has standard USB power ratings; 5.0v and 2.0A
- Answered by Kelvin M from Johannesburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How is the AirPod Battery Case charged And Can a Power Bar be used if eg on long haul flights etc)
Will the airpods work with an apple watch LTE if you leave the case at home? or will they lose connection with the apple watch?
I saw an article stating that when the Airpods case is left at home you will lose connection and they wont connect properly with an apple watch. I simply want to know if I only had my apple watch and airpods without the case will they remain connected?Answer
Yes. Once you finish the pair from the airpod (or any other bluetooth speaker or headphone) with your iPhone. On your apple watch, once you play sound, swipe from the bottom on the screen and in the bottom you will find the airplay option. You can choose airplay and you will find the devices in this situation you will find your AirPods showing up. Click that and you watch will connect with the AirPods.
how many generation are the AirPods
- Asked by Adeyemi A from Lewiston
- Flag as inappropriate (how many generation are the AirPods)
There has only been one released so far.
- Answered by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how many generation are the AirPods)
Are AirPods covered by the 14 days no quibble returns policy?
As the title says!!!
- Asked by Philip J
- Flag as inappropriate (Are AirPods covered by the 14 days no quibble returns policy?)
These will work with the Apple Watch. Swipe up from the bottom and select AirPods from the Airplay setting on your watch.
- Answered by Tim Y from Fort Worth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will Airpods work with my Apple Watch whilst out jogging?)
how do you connect to macpro
- Asked by Charmaine M from Williamstown
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect to macpro)
When your AirPods are nearby and ready to use with your Mac, you can use them to listen to music, use Siri, or handle phone calls.
If your AirPods are connected to your iPhone
If you already connected your AirPods to your iPhone, they’re ready to use with your Mac (your Mac must support Handoff and you must be signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID).
Open the AirPods case, click the Volume control in the menu bar on your Mac, then choose AirPods.
Pair your AirPods with your Mac
If your AirPods are not connected to your iPhone, you can pair them directly with your Mac.
With your AirPods in their case, open the lid.
Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
Select AirPods in the Devices list, then click Pair.
To use Siri or handle phone calls, double-tap one of the AirPods (you only have to be wearing one). For more information, go to the AirPods Support website.
(Directly From Apple)
- Answered by Luke V from Geneva
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do you connect to macpro)