USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
The USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter lets you connect your USB-C-enabled Mac or iPad to an HDMI display, while also connecting a standard USB device and a USB-C charging cable.
This adapter allows you to mirror your Mac or iPad display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display.
3840x2160 at 60Hz on:
iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later), MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017 and later), MacBook Pro (13-inch, four Thunderbolt 3 ports, 2020), MacBook Air (2020), iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 and later), iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017 and later), and iMacPro (2018)
1080p at 60Hz or UHD (3840 by 2160) at 30Hz on:
MacBook Air (2018 and later), MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later), MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), iMac (non-Retina, 21.5‑inch, 2017), and Mac mini (2018)
Simply connect the adapter to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac or iPad and then to your TV or projector via an HDMI cable (sold separately).
Use the standard USB port to connect devices such as your flash drive or camera or a USB cable for syncing and charging your iOS devices. You can also connect a charging cable to the USB-C port to charge your Mac or iPad.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or later; iOS 12.4 or later
Requires an HDMI cable (sold separately) for connection to your TV or projector. Supports both video and audio output.
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
Answers from the community
will this work with Microsoft surface pro 7
No answers yet
- Asked by Alvin T from Kaneohe
- on Jun 9, 2020
Will this work with an regular ipad 7th generation or only on the pro?
- Asked by Pathway R from Hazelton
- on Jun 9, 2020
While being plugged into the hdmi port for video can audio be transmitted via a bluetooth speaker?
- Asked by Austin M from Columbus
- on May 27, 2020
Is this compatible with Nintendo Wii U?
- Asked by Tobias H from London
- on Apr 6, 2020
Can I connect this to a late 2011 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by John S from los Angeles
- on Apr 1, 2020
can i use this to connect a USB powered MIDI controller to my iPad using the USB A port?
- Asked by john F from North Bend
- on Apr 15, 2020