How can I change my glassy display to matte?

I can't wath movies (with black color) or work outside, because I have really glassy screen on my MacBook Pro 2010 A1286. Help me, please!

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    If reflections off the screen are a bother, there are two options. One is expensive and the other is not. You could replace the screen on your MacBook, which would cost a bit. I suspect you would want the other option, which is, a matte screen protector/film from a supplier such as Moshi. You can find them online.

    I had a Moshi film on a previous MacBook I owned and it was unnoticeable to most people--it was fantastic. It was so easy to put on and it stayed quite well on the screen, on its own. In fact, the new owner decided to leave it on.

    Hope that helps.

    • Answered by 'segun O from Winnipeg
    • Oct 12, 2012