Similar questions from the community
Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?
I have a JVC stereo system (MX-KC68) with sub and speakers which are really good but they do not have any wifi or bluetooth capabilities. I checked the back of the stereo system and speakers and it only has ports for the wired speakers/sub (the speakers look like they are internally wired and cant be removed). Is there a way to somehow connect the JVC stereo system to the airport express? I want to set up a home sound system but thought if I could somehow wire it up to the airport express that would save buying a few other sound speakers around the house. I have a feeling it will most likely end up being pretty complicated and may be just easier to purchase a system that has these capabilities but thought I would ask considering the speakers are the best ones I have around. thanks in advance :)
- Asked by Kristen P from Rooty Hill
- May 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can I play music from any app on my iPad to a sound system through the AirPort Express?
I want to use my iPad to wirelessly play audio through a soundboard/mixer with the "Prime" app by Loop Community. Is that possible?
- Asked by Trevor C from Greenville
- Mar 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music from any app on my iPad to a sound system through the AirPort Express?)
Can I play Amazon Prime Music thru my airport express to my home stereo, and if so, how is it set up?
My Airport Express is several years old
- Asked by Drew H from Pittsburgh
- Jan 13, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play Amazon Prime Music thru my airport express to my home stereo, and if so, how is it set up?)
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
can airport express work with window vista operating system
I want to use Airport Express in India the Operating system here is Window Vista, and I am not able to connect the same.
- Asked by Meena D from St.thomas
- Sep 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express work with window vista operating system)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
Will the Airport Express work with a satellite broadband system (Tooway)?
i.e. by connecting the Airport to the satellite modem via ethernet cable will this enable me to connect other devices (e.g. iphone and ipad) wirelessly?
- Asked by Richard F
- Oct 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express work with a satellite broadband system (Tooway)?)
airport express connection to stereo
- Asked by Derrick S from Portland
- Oct 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express connection to stereo)
can i use airport express with my hi-fi
- Asked by Graham D
- Nov 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport express with my hi-fi)
No answers yet
Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?
I want to connect my Bose Speaker system that I purchased for my computer. I want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the room without being tired to my desk where the speakers are. What are my options? Thanks
- Asked by Jeremy G from Los Angles
- Jun 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?)
Can music be streamed from sources other than iTunes like Pandora?
My current set up is using a stereo Fm transmitter. I am able to listen to music all over my property wherever i have a sound system equiped with a tuner. With my IPhone plugged in, I can listen to Pandora, Internet radio stations or iTunes. I can also listen to XM radio when plugged in.
The only thing I do not like is the sound quality; there is a constant low frequency hum in the background.
I am willing to purchase an Extreme for each sound system but if i am limited to itunes and cannot steam Pandora, XM or Internet radio, it is not worth it.
- Asked by Joey G from Beebe Plain
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can music be streamed from sources other than iTunes like Pandora?)
Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook which does not support airplay. I would like to stream music from iTunes to an AirPlay enabled speaker system. Could I use AirPort express to do this?
- Asked by Neil A
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?)
whats needed to stream music to non wireless stereo system?
I need to stream to a Bang & olufsen system
- Asked by Gary R from Paradise Valley
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (whats needed to stream music to non wireless stereo system?)
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- Dec 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?
To stream music using iTunes. Both when iMac is on and using iPhone or iPad when iMac is off.
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
No answers yet