Will the USB-C port charge a MacBook Pro with touchbar?
I want to use this device to charge my notebook without having to bring my 87W power adapter.
- Asked by Richard R from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB-C port charge a MacBook Pro with touchbar?)
- Asked about: Native Union SMART Hub Bridge Charg…
1 Answer from the Community
This will not charge your MacBook Pro with touch bar with the USB-C cord. I had purchased one and plugged it into my MacBook Pro with touch bar using my USB-C cord. It continually charged and would drop the charge. So my MacBook basically chimed that it was charging then chime off that it was not over and over. To better explain, it chimed on then chimed off, chimed on then chimed off, etc.
I thought I had a faulty charger, and called Apple Customer Care, and they replaced it free of charge, but the replacement hub does the same thing.
I use it for the 2 extra outlet plugs and the USB-A ports, and so far those work fine. I did read on the reviews that the USB-C charging port will charge the MacBook while the MacBook is off or in sleep mode. However, I did try to charge my MacBook when I was not using it and had the laptop closed - it still did not work.
- Answered by Sarah W from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?
- Asked by Matthew G from Denver
- Nov 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…
Does it work with USB C and adapters?
- Asked by Baramy V from Amarillo
- Feb 4, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with USB C and adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet