USB-C to USB Adapter
The USB-C to USB Adapter lets you connect iOS devices and many of your standard USB accessories to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) enabled Mac.
Plug the USB-C end of the adapter into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac, and then connect your flash drive, camera, or other standard USB device. You can also connect a Lightning to USB cable to sync and charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Compatible with the following computers:
12-inch MacBook, 13-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 15-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); iMac Pro
What’s in the Box
Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 and later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac mini (2018)
Answers from the community
Can i use in my iphone xr & connect pen drive to it
- Asked by Pratik A from Siliguri
- on Jan 8, 2020
Can I upload pictures from a USB to my iPhone using this cable?
- Asked by Katie S from Country Club
- on Sep 25, 2019
No you cannot, none of the iPhone models have a USB-C port. This adapter is only compatible with USB No you cannot, none of the iPhone models have a USB-C port. This adapter is only compatible with USB-C devices, such as the iPad Pro (3rd Gen) or newer Macs.
- Answered by John B from Langley
- on Dec 10, 2019
can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter
- Asked by ERICK K from LONG BEACH
- on Apr 17, 2015
Yes. I use it to connect a Lexar USB 3 SD and Compact Flash adapter to my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Ian M from Rockaway Park
- on Dec 30, 2019