can i use this to connect a USB powered MIDI controller to my iPad using the USB A port?
the ideal setup would be to use the midi controller in GarageBand while charging the iPad using the USB c port while also using the HDMI port at the same time to mirror the display on a 1080 computer monitor. i do realize that i can achieve the former using the USB camera adapter that costs $30 less, i would only buy this if i could do both.
- Asked by John F from North Bend
- Flag as inappropriate can i use this to connect a USB powered MIDI controller to my iPad using the USB A port?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the USB-A port supports USB 3.0. Only the iPad Pro has a USB-C port though. If your iPad does not have a USB-C port, then you need a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. But there is no lightning adapter that allows both USB input and HDMI output.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used to connect MIDI devices for music apps?
- Asked by Paul W
- Nov 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used to connect MIDI devices for music apps?