How do I use Airport express in a hotel that only has an ethernet connection and which needs me to log on to pay for the service.
Sometimes when I go to a hotel they only have an ethernet cabel and then you have to log on and pay for the internet service. Just to be clear ... if I plug the ethernet plug into the airport express does that stream the connection to my mac or ios device for me to log on and pay.
1 Answer from the Community
It is just plug and play. Simply set up the network name and a password to prevent you neighbours using your service and away you go. I have used this in many hotels around the world. Some hotels do however set the network up to prevent multiple devices connecting meaning that you can no longer connect an iPhone, iPad and mac to the same line without multiple device charges. Other than that this is excellent in my experience.
- Answered by Paul R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do you have to pay for a subscription?
- Asked by Zack M from Garden City
- Oct 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to pay for a subscription?)
- Asked about: ecobee3 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat
No answers yet
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- Jul 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
do you need to pay monthly for an airport extreme
- Asked by Sabahet A from Staten Island
- Dec 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need to pay monthly for an airport extreme)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme