Installing Leopard without a Disc Drive
I'd like to upgrade to Snow Leopard from 10.5.8 (old I know), but the disc drive in my laptop went kaput a long time ago. What are my options for installing Snow Leopard without a functional disc drive?
- Asked by Aaron D
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
1. Use an external optical disk drive.
2. Start your computer in Target Disk mode and connect it by FireWire cable to another Mac, then install using the 2nd Mac.
3. Use the Remote Disc feature with a 2nd Mac or a PC on your network - go to Apple's support site and enter "HT2129" in the search box to find out more.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham