Questions & Answers for ProSoft Data Backup 3
8 Questions from the Community
How long should it take to backup my mac to idisk using backup 3.1.2?
- Asked by Beth E from Springfield
- Apr 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How long should it take to backup my mac to idisk using backup 3.1.2?)
Does this app work for Iphones?
- Asked by David M from Pasadena
- Apr 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this app work for Iphones?)
Can This App Backup to a Networked Drive with MacBook Pro Early 2011. 2.2GHz i7 quad core 4GB RAM running OSX Snow Leopard version 10.6.8
Any Advice on the subject is greatly appreciated. Time Machine is good I really like the frequency but it has to be hardwired unless using a time capsule.
Tech buddy checked the specs and thinks my compatible (now HFS Journaled) "RAID" Storage is of superior grade and I should keep it. When I got it I was told it's future-proof which makes me laugh.
Don't want to give up the cadillac!
I'm sure both are fine but tech buddy says(more expensive) RAID is more apt to handle such an aggressive write strategy in the long term and avoid failure. When backing up that's what I expect. Is he right? I'm honestly not really sure what RAID means.
I purchased it purely for the 4TB. They said it's like instantly backing up when written to? Does that mean it's actually 8TB!? It worked really well with Wind Blows but was a desktop solution and manual.
So we hooked it up to Airport Extreme but cannot finish with time machine over the network it hangs on cleaning up.
Looked into support articles and it as it turns out "other" network drives are actually not supported! Unless they are server's. Can anyone confirm that?
Oops silly Wind Blows users who were forced to "know it all" pushed through neglecting to read the manual first...
Kinda disappointed that only proprietary dual function drives will work with time machine and that it's not the best possible storage. Buddy said don't dismiss timeCapsule because it's specs are pretty good to just not better than what I currently own. It wouldn't make sense to back out on an investment that has yet to pay for itself right. Like returning to windows machine after just purchasing MacBook Pro......Hopefully someone knows how I can use it though.
Buddy mentioned a server? Don't want to pay for another Mac, still paying on this one. In my mind I need the highest possible quality and reliability for a backup volume. And it's a notebook so wireless is a must.
- Asked by Justin E from Marshfield
- Jun 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can This App Backup to a Networked Drive with MacBook Pro Early 2011. 2.2GHz i7 quad core 4GB RAM running OSX Snow Leopard version 10.6.8)
No answers yet
New with my Ipod Touch....how can I back up and save my data? In case it loses it's info or does it?? As I said this ia all new to me :(
- Asked by Madeline R from Derby
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (New with my Ipod Touch....how can I back up and save my data? In case it loses it's info or does it?? As I said this ia all new to me :()
No answers yet
How is this different from TIME MACHINE? Is it EASIER?
How easy is it to use this software (for a Baby Boomer) who isn't a geek?
I once lost all my music, photos, files... and Time Machine isn't as user friendly as I would like.
- Asked by Rs B from Abilene
- Apr 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How is this different from TIME MACHINE? Is it EASIER?)
Yes it works with Lion. I've been using this software since Snow Leopard and when I upgraded to Lion it still worked. Just make sure you run the updates and you'll be fine. It's a simple and very good program that does exactly what you want and need it to do. Good Luck.
- Answered by John D from Brick
- Aug 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will it work with Lion?)
Can I backup FROM a network drive?
- Asked by Dave J from San Diego
- May 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup FROM a network drive?)