HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
The HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw laser printer for Mac delivers remarkably fast two-sided printing speed and first page out time for your small business. In addition to quick, high-quality printing, scanning, and faxing, this Mac laser printer is AirPrint enabled allowing you to print from iPhone or iPad. Plus specially engineered original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence help the printer work faster and produce more pages.
All-in-one laser printer for Mac
Offers scan, copy, fax, wireless printing, and color printing
Save time and paper with convenient two-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, and auto document feeder
Prints up to 22 pages per minute
Input tray paper capacity up to 250 sheets and the duty cycle is up to 2,500 pages/month
AirPrint enabled for easy printing from your iPhone or iPad
Print through online services like iCloud with the HP Smart app, or print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
Print at the pace of business—first pages are ready in as few as 10.3 seconds for black and 11.7 seconds for color
Choose Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence—engineered to help your printer print faster with more pages
Steady performance from dual band Wi-Fi, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
Original HP 202A and HP 202X Toner cartridges are specially designed to work with your printer and avoid frustrating reprints, wasted supplies, and delays
What’s in the Box
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw all-in-one printer
Introductory HP LaserJet Color cartridges (~700 color composite (C/Y/M) page yield and ~1400 page yield black)
Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM
Display Size: 2.7-inch color graphic screen
Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB, Wireless
Other Functions: Copy, Fax, Scanner
Height: 13.3 in./33.78 cm
Width: 16.7 in./42.42 cm
Depth: 18.7 in./47.49 cm
Weight: 41.2 lb./18.69 kg
Black print speed: Letter: Up to 22 ppm black; Two-sided: Up to 13 ppm black; Landscape, A5: Up to 37 ppm black
Black resolution: Black (best): Up to 600 by 600 dpi
Color print speed: Letter: Up to 22 ppm color; Two-sided: Up to 13 ppm color; Landscape, A5: Up to 20 ppm color
Color resolution: Color (best): Up to 600 by 600 dpi
Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14 in./21.59 by 35.56 cm
Min Paper Size: 3 by 5 in./7.62 by 12.7 cm
Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
Other Printer Features: Transparencies
Printer Ink Tanks: Four (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
Printer Technology: Laser
Scanner resolution: Hardware: Up to 300 by 300 dpi (color and mono ADF); up to 1200 by 1200 dpi (Flatbed); Optical: Up to 300 dpi (color and mono ADF); up to1200 dpi (Flatbed)
Operating System: OS X 10.10 or later, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3
Mfr. Part Number: T6B82A#BGJ
UPC or EAN No.: 190780300084
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air 2
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 and later)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Does this have an auto feed for scanning? And, how many pages can you load at a single setting?
- Asked by Michael G from Friday Harbor
- on Dec 9, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
HP ePrint Enterprise
Description: Secure business printing!
The HP ePrint Enterprise app is part of the HP ePrint Enterprise solution for secure corporate mobile printing. The HP ePrint Enterprise is a private cloud-based solution for corporate network printing that supports all your network printers with a secure experience. HP ePrint Enterprise application also allows you to print to HP’s network of over 30,0 00 Public Print Locations (1). For more information, visit www.hp.com/go/eprintenterprise.
• Easily print from your phone or tablet to any network connected printer (ePrint Enterprise service must be purchased separately)
• Business printing on-the-go! Take advantage of HP’s network of 30,000 Public Print Locations like FedEx Office, The UPS Store, and Swiss Post, and more. Find the nearest location, hit print, and use a unique code to guarantee the privacy of your printed material.
How it works:
1. Open the HP ePrint Enterprise app and select the content you want to print (email, web page, photo, documents, iTunes Shared file, etc), or share a file from another app(2).
2. Review the list of network printers and select your printer.
3. For Public Print Locations, use the app’s automatic geographic search and choose location, or refine the search by entering keywords in the search bar.
4. Go to your selected network printer and get your printout, or for public printing location (store, hotel front desk, etc.), the app will show you where to pick up your print job.
• Print options: simplex/duplex, color/black and white, number of copies
• Defect fixes
• New Security enhancements
For printing to HP printers without using private cloud based solution, check the HP ePrint app at: http://itunes.apple.com/app/hp-eprint/id299531647.
• Works on iOS 7.0 or newer. iOS 6.0 is no longer supported, however, it should work.
• Works with ePrint Enterprise Server 2.2 to 4.2
• Works with all versions of HPAC(3) Server, through the use of QR Code
(1) Usage of HP Public Print Locations service requires Internet and email-capable Apple® iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad (works in compatibility mode), iPod Touch 2nd generation or newer, running iOS 7.0 or newer, with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint Enterprise app. Availability and cost of printing varies at mobile print locations.
(2) Opening files from other apps via "Open In" supports Microsoft® Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and Adobe® PDF. Other apps must provide individual access to files and enable exposure to these registered document type handlers from the iOS.
(3) HP ePrint Enterprise app enables authentication and job release via HP Access Control (version 14.0 and higher). To access, enable the HP Access Control service in the ePrint Enterprise app. More details can also be found in the HP Access Control product documentation. (HP Access Control sold separately.) …