This little widget helps maintain your Mac OS X system (10.4 or later) It does this using the power of dashcode and some handy terminal commands that it executes for you.
- Runs unix maintenance scripts (aka cron scripts)
- Forces the trash to empty
- Repairs disk permissions on the startup drive
- Resets the Finder and Toggles Hidden Files
- Here is what the maintenance or cron scripts actually do..
- Removes old logs and temporary files
- Rotates system.log
- Rebuilds locate and whatis databases
- Rotates logs for ftp, lpr, mail, netinfo, ipfw, ppp, secure
- Runs login accounting
- Rotates logs for wtmp, install, fax
Common Questions: Password? it wants your system password (the one you login with). Doesnâ€™t work with passwords that contain spaces (sorry).
Whatâ€™s New in this Version
- Bug fix that caused authentication problems in Mac OS X 10.6.
Apple is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related thereto. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor.