AppleCare+ is an insurance policy provided by AIG Europe Limited (“AIG”). AppleCare+ provides you with:
(1) up to two years of repair or replacement coverage for your Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport including:
· up to two claims of accidental damage, each subject to a policy excess of £55 for iPhone, £39 for iPad, £25 for iPod, £55 for Apple Watch and £49 for Apple Watch Sport
· failure of the battery to hold an electrical charge of fifty per cent (50%) or more from its original specification, and
(2) access to Apple telephone technical support if your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport ceases to work correctly.
Significant Features, Conditions and Exclusions
AppleCare+ coverage is subject to certain terms, conditions and limitations. A summary of these is shown below. Please read your AppleCare+ Terms & Conditions for full details.
· AppleCare+ is only available to UK residents aged 18 or over (see clause 6.2.6).
· AppleCare+ does not cover your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport for loss or theft, wear and tear, or for cosmetic damage which does not affect the functioning of the device (see clause 5.1).
· AppleCare+ does not cover you for failures due to defects in design, materials or workmanship. Such failures may be covered by your rights under consumer law or by Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty or by Apple itself during the same period as the AppleCare+ Coverage Period even if you did not purchase your Apple product from Apple (see clause 5.1.9).
· AppleCare+ is limited to two claims for accidental damage (see clause 4.5).
· A policy excess of £55 for iPhone, £39 for iPad, £25 for iPod, £55 for Apple Watch, or £49 for Apple Watch Sport will be payable each time you make an accidental damage claim in the UK. If you make a claim in a different country, the policy excess varies (see clause 1.21).
The premium for AppleCare+ is £79 for iPhone or iPad, £49 for iPod, £69 for Apple Watch or £49 for Apple Watch Sport inclusive of applicable taxes, details of which are in the AppleCare+ Terms & Conditions.
Period of Insurance
Your AppleCare+ hardware coverage only starts on the date you purchase AppleCare+. This means that if you buy AppleCare+ up to 60 days after you purchase your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport you will only receive hardware coverage from that date. The technical support coverage starts on expiry of the complimentary technical support cover provided by the manufacturer, which starts on the date you purchase your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport. Both types of coverage end 24 months from the date you purchased your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport (and not the date you purchased AppleCare+), as shown in your Proof of Coverage certificate or sales receipt.
Your AppleCare+ coverage may end earlier if you have exercised your right to cancel. If you are no longer eligible to make a claim for accidental damage, your hardware coverage for battery depletion and telephone technical support, will continue for 24 months from the date of purchase of your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport.
· Policies where you pay your premium upfront
You may cancel AppleCare+ at any time. If you have not made any claims and you cancel within 30 days of purchasing AppleCare+, you will receive a full refund. If you have not made any claims and cancel after this 30 day period you will receive a pro-rata refund depending on how long you have had AppleCare+. If you have made a claim and received a benefit under AppleCare+, the value of such benefit will be deducted from any refund. This may result in no refund being due to you.
· Policies where you pay your premium under a payment plan agreement
Where you have agreed to pay the premium in instalments, if you have not made any claims and you cancel within 30 days of purchasing AppleCare+, you will receive a full refund of any instalment payments you have made. If you cancel after this 30 day period, you will not be entitled to a refund of any of the instalment payments.
Where you pay the premium by instalments and you have not paid your instalment arrears by the date requested, the Apple authorised reseller may request that AIG cancel your policy. AIG will cancel your policy with immediate effect on receipt of such a request.
Where you fail to pay any instalments by the date due and you are in arrears under the payment plan agreement, you will not be entitled to receive hardware coverage or technical support in respect of your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport until you pay the instalment arrears in full.
Making a claim
To make a claim, call Apple on (+44) 0844 209 0611 or +44 (0)800 107 6285. If you are making a claim for hardware coverage you can also make a claim by visiting an Apple retail store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider. You must make your claim as soon as possible after the problem has occurred.
Please retain your original sales receipt and/or your Proof of Cover certificate as you may be required to provide proof of purchase to confirm the eligibility of your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport for coverage under AppleCare+. For full details about making a claim please see the AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions.
AIG and Apple believe you deserve a courteous, fair and prompt service. AIG have asked Apple to deal with claim and underwriting complaints on its behalf to ensure you have one point of contact on all matters. If there is any occasion when the service you receive does not meet your expectations, please contact Apple using the appropriate contact details below quoting the device serial number:
Write to: Apple Customer Support,
Hollyhill Industrial Estate,
Republic of Ireland
Telephone: +44 (0)844 209 0611 or +44 (0)800 107 6285
Online: Via Contact Apple Support at www.apple.com/support/contact
By Facsimile: +353 (0)21 428 3917
In Person: Any Apple-owned retail store, listed on http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may be entitled to refer it to one of the following Ombudsman who will review your case. Apple will provide details of how to do this at the conclusion of the complaint process.
Address: Financial Ombudsman Service
London, E14 9SR
By Telephone: 0800 0234 567 or 0300 123 9 123 (free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02)
Address: The Republic of Ireland Financial Services Ombudsman
9SR 3rd Floor
By Telephone: +353 16620899
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following this complaint procedure does not affect your right to take legal action. For full details about making a complaint please see your AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions.
AIG is a firm authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number: 202628) in the United Kingdom. This information can be checked by visiting the Financial Services Register (www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do). AIG is registered in England (company number 1486260) and has its registered office at The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4AB.
As a regulated entity, AIG is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (the “FSCS”). You may be entitled to compensation from the FSCS if AIG is unable to meet its obligations. For further details about the FSCS please refer to the AppleCare+ Terms & Conditions.
030215 AC+ UK KFD v1.3