Apple to Open San Francisco Retail Store on Saturday, February 28
SAN FRANCISCO—February 26, 2004—Apple’s first retail store in the city of San Francisco will open in Union Square at One Stockton Street on Saturday, February 28 at 10:00 a.m. PST. The store will be one of Apple’s five flagship stores worldwide, joining flagship stores in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Tokyo.
“Our innovative, hands-on stores continue to delight customers and attract thousands who want to learn about and buy Apple’s full line of products," said Ron Johnson, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail. “We look forward to opening our next incredible retail location this Saturday in the heart of San Francisco.”
The Apple Store® San Francisco features stainless steel and glass outside and an engineering marvel inside—an all-glass staircase. Other store features include:
- a 14-seat Genius Bar, one of the most popular sections of Apple® retail stores, where anyone can ask the Mac® Genius questions, connect to the Mac community or receive service;
- an Internet café where visitors can check email and use Apple’s iChat AV and iSight™ digital video cameras to video conference with friends and family;
- a 39-seat state-of-the-art theater, where customers can attend workshops, watch demonstrations of Apple’s latest products or attend “Made on a Mac” events;
- more than 250 customer events and classes every month, including the new Pro Day every Wednesday with special store hours, presentations and demonstrations to help business professionals unwire, promote and manage their business on the Mac*;
- a software section with hundreds of software titles for the Mac; and
- a Kids section with six computer stations connected to the Internet.
Apple’s 76 retail stores have hosted more than 30 million visitors since the first Apple retail store opened in May 2001. The Apple Store San Francisco is the company’s seventh retail store in the Bay area and will complement existing Apple stores in Burlingame, Corte Madera, Emeryville, Palo Alto, Santa Clara and Walnut Creek.
At the Apple store, knowledgeable sales people are available to help customers learn about all the latest products from Apple including iLife® ‘04, Apple’s award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications featuring GarageBand™, Apple’s revolutionary new music application that turns a Mac into a recording studio. The hands-on Apple store experience also provides visitors with a chance to test-drive Apple’s entire product line including the new iPod™ mini and the family of best-selling iPod digital music players, as well as the full line of Apple notebooks and desktop computers.
* A complete schedule of San Francisco store events and classes is available at www.apple.com/retail/sanfrancisco.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, Apple Store, iLife, GarageBand and iPod are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.