Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPad extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax.1
Extend your coverage to two years of service and expert telephone technical support
Because Apple designs the iPad, iOS, and many applications, the iPad is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.2
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Mail-in repair3: Mail in your iPad using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair3: Take your iPad to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Express Replacement Service
AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPad
- Included USB cable and power adapter
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax1
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can call and get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Connecting to wireless networks
- Questions about FaceTime, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other Apple-branded iPad apps
AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPad. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPad, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store or by calling the AppleCare Contact Center. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Specialist will first need to verify your iPad purchase date and confirm that your iPad has no pre-existing damage. Find an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ from the AppleCare Contact Center, you will be required to verify your purchase date and run a diagnostic to confirm that your iPad has no pre-existing damage.
See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.