Apple USB SuperDrive
The sleek, compact USB SuperDrive.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It’s perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you’re working.
The essence of simplicity.
You’ll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your Mac* with a single USB Type-A cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB Type-A Connector cable
Compatible with the following computers:
*The Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with Mac models from 2008 and later that don't have a built-in optical drive.*The Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with Mac models from 2008 and later that don't have a built-in optical drive.
*MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models with USB-C ports require a USB-C to USB adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Does the Apple USB Superdrive play/read HD-DVDs?
No answers yet
- Asked by Yann P from Brooklyn
- on 13-Jun-2020
can i put a home dvd movie in my super drive and convert it to digital form on my mac computer
- Asked by Kannan C from Balwyn North
- on 07-Apr-2020
Is the Super drive compatible with the MacBook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Warrandyte
- on 05-Nov-2016
Yes it is, but you need a USB-C to USB adapter, otherwise works fine.
- Answered by Steven S from San Diego
- on 02-Apr-2017
Will this work with all other MacBook (2011) and MacBook AIr (2011).When I bought SuperDrive last year, it only work for MBA but not MBP or any others
1 Answer(Will this work with all other MacBook (2011) and MacBook AIr (2011).When I bought SuperDrive last year, it only work for MBA but not MBP or any others)
- Asked by Leonard O from Portland
- on 12-Jun-2012
Are there any external blu-ray drives that work with the new macbook pro with retina diaplay?
- Asked by Kamalpreet K from Walthamstow
- on 03-Sep-2012