Award-Winning Television Programming Now Available on the iTunes Store in Australia
Hit Shows from Australia's Top Networks & Favourites from the US Now Available on iTunes
SYDNEY—25 June 2008—Apple today announced that television programming from Australia's top networks including the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Seven Network and Nine Network, along with US-produced programs from The Walt Disney Company's ABC Studios, Disney Channel and MTV Networks, is now available on the iTunes Store in Australia (www.itunes.com/au). iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of television shows including the Logie Award-winning "Summer Heights High" and "McLeod's Daughters," the top-rated drama "Sea Patrol," as well as favourites from the US including "Lost," "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Hills."
“We are thrilled to bring television programming to the iTunes Store in Australia," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of iTunes. "We're off to a great start with shows from Australia's top networks combined with favourites from the US, which customers in Australia will love being able to watch on their computer, iPod or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV.”
Television shows are priced at A$2.99 inc GST per episode on the iTunes Store in Australia. Television shows now available are:
- Disney-owned production company ABC Studios programs airing on Seven Network including "Desperate Housewives," "Grey's Anatomy," "Lost" and "Scrubs;"
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation programs "Summer Heights High," "We Can Be Heroes," "Double the Fist," "Foreign Correspondent Postcards," "Sleek Geeks" and "Surfing the Menu;"
- Disney Channel's kid and tween sensation "Hannah Montana," "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "Cory in the House;"
- Nine Network programs "Canal Road," "McLeod's Daughters," "Sea Patrol" and "Urban Magic;" and
- MTV Networks' "Blue's Clues," "The Hills," "Laguna Beach," "My Super Sweet Sixteen," "South Park" and "Pimp My Ride."
With Apple's legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod and the ability to turn previously purchased songs into completed albums at a reduced price, the iTunes Store is the best way for Mac and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music and video online.
Pricing & Availability
iTunes 7.6 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Store and is available as a free download from (
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone.
(02) 9641 8230
+1 408 974 1972
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, Apple Store, iPod, MacBook Air and Final Cut Pro are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.