You can import any iMovie project or QuickTime-compatible video file from the Media Browser and add it to a track in your GarageBand project. This allows you to view the movie while your GarageBand project plays.
To import a video file using the Media Browser:
- In the Media Browser, click the Movies button.
- Select the movie you’d like to score.
- If available, double-click the movie file thumbnail image to preview the movie in the Media Browser.
- To stop the movie preview, press the spacebar.
- Drag the thumbnail image into the Movie Track in your GarageBand project. GarageBand generates thumbnails for the track to represent the video clips. It also adds a track called Movie Sound, and creates a new AIFF file that contains the soundtrack of the movie. The original movie file remains unchanged.