Setting Output Volume for iTunes
To make your songs sound great, you’ll want to adjust the Output Volume correctly.
- Press the spacebar to begin playing your song. As the song plays, watch the Master Output Volume meters, located at the bottom of the viewing pane, for signs of clipping (red bars).
- If you see any clipping, stop playback.
- To lower output volume, drag the Master Output Volume slider to to the left.
- Play the song again from the beginning and check the new levels. Ideally, your levels should peak between the highest green and yellow portions of the meter.
- Choose Track > Fade Out. The master track appears and an Automation Curve is added to the track with a gentle fade. You can modify this curve as needed to control the fade out on your song.
- Save your project.