The rights described in this policy are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
SALES & REFUND POLICY
Purchases made using a purchase order are subject to ‘Net 30’ terms.
We believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. However, we understand that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
Importantly, the rights described in this policy are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for products; however, these limits will always be subject to your statutory rights.
For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged outright purchased iPhone with its included accessories within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. However, an iPhone purchased in conjunction with a post-paid contract is not eligible for return at the Apple Store. Please contact your mobile carrier for contract cancellation details. Please note that returning your iPhone may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information.
For any other undamaged product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you received it. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based on the original payment method. For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent and cheque transactions over A$870, Apple will arrange a bank transfer to you within 10 business days. Please note the following:
- Products can be returned only in the country in which they were originally purchased.
- Except where required under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable consumer protection laws and regulations, the following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to a software Up-to-Date program, Apple Gift Cards and any Apple Developer Connection products.
- In the case of items returned with a gift receipt, Apple will offer you an Apple Gift Card equal to the purchase price of the gift, including tax and any other fees.
- Except where required under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable consumer protection laws and regulations, opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software licence on the outside of the package, which you could read before opening the packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple-branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of the returned software.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If these features have been activated and cannot be disabled by the person in possession of the phone, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
For complete details on how to return a product purchased at the Apple Store please visit the Returns & Refunds page.
iPhone Purchase Policy
The purchase and use of an iPhone is subject to terms and conditions found at www.apple.com/legal/sla and www.apple.com/legal/warranty. In addition, by purchasing an iPhone, you expressly acknowledge the following:
- A wireless service plan is required to activate all iPhone features.
- Making unauthorised modifications to the software on an iPhone violates the iPhone software licence agreement. Should you be unable to use your iPhone due to an unauthorised software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty. This will not affect any rights to which you may otherwise be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Apple may, at its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and/or limit the order quantity. Apple may require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order.
Some Apple products use wireless services that may incur extra costs and are governed by the terms of a separate agreement between you and your selected wireless service provider. If you return a product that uses wireless services, you may also need to terminate or reset your wireless account directly with your provider. Please contact your provider for more information.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
With regards to pricing, Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed in the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and GST is available at store.apple.com/au/help/payments.
Should Apple reduce the price of any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple call centre on 133-622 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events.
Order Acceptance and Confirmation for Online and Call Centre Purchases
Once we receive your order, we’ll send you an email order confirmation. However, your receipt of an order confirmation does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. The Apple Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Apple cancels an order after you have already been billed, Apple will refund the billed amount.
Shipping & Delivery
Please review the Shipping & Delivery page to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the delivery of your order can be affected by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. However, we will work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products at the Apple Store for resale. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are doing so.
Australian Sales Only
The Apple Store accepts orders from billing addresses within Australia. Apple will not ship products purchased at the Apple Store to an address outside Australia. Please click here to find an Apple Store outside Australia. Apple products are subject to applicable export control laws and regulations, and must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred and used in compliance with these export laws and regulations.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some Apple products, we may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event that we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
The Payment & Security page describes the various methods you can use to pay for products at the Apple Store. The Apple Online Store also allows you to pay via Express Checkout. By activating and using Express Checkout, you agree to all of the terms set forth in this Sales Policy. Please note that if you use a public computer or otherwise share a computer with other users, you should turn off Express Checkout when you leave the computer.
The retail Apple Store is part of Apple Pty Limited ABN 46 002 510 054.