Can I use my wireless mouse with the Apple keyboard with the numeric keypad?
When I purchased my Apple Mac I upgraded to a wireless keyboard and mouse.
I have subsequently invested in the Apple keyboard with the numeric keypad which is non-wireless.
Obviously I wish to avoid expense of having to purchase a new mouse if I don't need to and wish to understand whether my wireless mouse is compatible with the newly purchased keyboard.
- Asked by David S from Epsom
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my wireless mouse with the Apple keyboard with the numeric keypad?)
5 Answers from the Community
The Apple Mighty mouse and wireless keyboard are separate and function individually. You can swap over your wireless keyboard to the cabled one without affecting the mouse.
- Answered by Peter S from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The wireless mouse communicates over Bluetooth and the wired keyboard over USB, Macs can handle a mix of input devices without problem. (Heck, you can even use both keyboards at the same time... if you have enough hands the Mac will figure it out.)
- Answered by David K from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. The keyboard connects via USB cable. Your wireless mouse will still connect wirelessly via Bluetooth. Just plug the keyboard in and you are good to go.
- Answered by Guy T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Your wireless mouse works provided you have bluetooth on your Mac. It doesn't require any specific keyboard.
- Answered by Graydon S from Orem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Your wireless keyboard and mouse, though made to work well together, are separate and you can use them both at once just fine. In fact, I think having no wire for the mouse would be helpful if you're using the wired keyboard--they won't get tangled (I use a wired Mighty Mouse and keyboard with numeric keypad and they occasionally get tangled).
- Answered by Claudia T from Skokie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Is this product compatible with the Apple Wireless Keyboard that has the LMP Numeric Keypad attached?
- Asked by Cynthia C from Laguna Niguel
- Feb 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product compatible with the Apple Wireless Keyboard that has the LMP Numeric Keypad attached?)
- Asked about: Moshi ClearGuard FS Keyboard Protec…
Does this just replicate the number keys on the keyboard or is it a "true" keypad?
- Asked by Donald J from Vancouver
- Sep 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this just replicate the number keys on the keyboard or is it a "true" keypad?)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …