Update to the latest version of Aperture by visiting the Aperture Downloads page.
AppleScript and Automator Support
Aperture offers integrated support for AppleScript and Automator, letting you create custom workflows and automate some of the activities you perform over and over. Download the Aperture 3 AppleScript Reference for a complete guide to using AppleScript with Aperture. This 36-page document describes classes, commands and other AppleScript-specific features found in the Aperture 3 AppleScript dictionary.
For help with Automator, third parties — like automator.us* — have created ready-to-use workflows you can download and put to work today.
* Workflows available at automator.us are provided as is as a courtesy. Apple makes no warranties about their usefulness or quality.
A resource for tips & tricks, eBooks and education on Aperture. http://www.apertureexpert.com
Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
This Apple-certified guide to Aperture 3 by Dion Scoppettuolo, an Apple Authorised Trainer, marketing consultant and avid travel photographer, starts with the basics of image management and takes you step by step through Aperture's powerful editing, retouching, proofing, publishing and archiving features. It delivers comprehensive training - the equivalent of a three-day course - in one project-based book.
Aperture 3 Essential Training
Author Derrick Story covers the entire photographic workflow in Aperture, from import to enhancement to output. The course covers organising image collections using star ratings, labels and Smart Albums, and using the image editing tools to correct exposure, retouch flaws and correct colour balance issues. One of the most noteworthy enhancements in Aperture 3 is explored in detail: its ability to store video clips alongside the stills from digital cameras, then combine them to create stunning multimedia slideshows. Exercise files are included with the course.
Make the Move to Aperture 3
In this online training class, Apple Certified Trainer Richard Harrington demonstrates just what you can do with Aperture 3. Topics such as library organisation, using brushes to adjust images, and creating slideshows are covered in more than two hours of online training.
Third-Party Plug-ins, Presets and Other Extras
Aperture 3 includes a powerful plug-in architecture for the seamless integration of popular third-party image editing and export plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you to extend the capabilities of Aperture by accessing an entire industry’s worth of imaging expertise — without ever leaving Aperture. See all plug-ins
- Image Editing Plug-ins. These plug-ins extend the built-in image editing capabilities of Aperture, adding specialised tools for noise reduction, selective adjustments, lens correction and much more.
- Export Plug-ins. Streamline your work by sending your photos to Flickr, Facebook, SmugMug and other photo-sharing websites directly from Aperture. Or easily upload your photos to a remote FTP server, send them to another application or generate a Flash-based web gallery.
- Photo Book Plug-ins. Now you can easily create and order photo albums from some of the finest bookmakers in the world, right in Aperture. Just download a plug-in, and you’re good to go.
- Automations and Scripts. These automated workflows take advantage of AppleScript to turn complex multistep tasks into one-click operations that extend existing Aperture features, and make it easy to integrate Aperture into a workflow that includes other applications such as Keynote, Mail or InDesign.
- Extras. These third-party web themes offer a variety of creative design options that give you greater flexibility when presenting your photos on the web.
The free Imaging Plug-in Software Development Kit (SDK) for Aperture is available through the Apple Developer Connection (ADC). Information about developing your own plug-ins for Aperture 3 is available on the Apple Developer website.
Inquiries regarding the development of photo book plug-ins can be sent to email@example.com.
Aperture Support Page
From software updates to technical articles to manuals to video tutorials, the Aperture support page is a handy resource with a wide variety of technical information about Aperture 3. Learn more
Discuss Aperture with other photographers eager to share information, answer questions, and offer tips and advice to fellow Aperture users. Learn more
Order professional-quality lab prints or beautifully bound softcover or hardcover photo books in multiple sizes. Books and prints are competitively priced and printed to Apple’s exacting quality standards. Learn more
One to One
Get more out of Aperture 3 with a
One to One membership at the Apple Retail Store. We’ll teach you the basics of using Aperture or walk you through advanced projects — whatever you need to build your skills. One to One is available only at the time you purchase a new Mac from the Apple Retail Store or Apple Online Store.