Does this cable have a 3.1 version of the USB-A end of the cable? Everyone at least calls the USB-C side of the cable a 3.1 USB-C port.
I was simply wanting to know if the normal USB-A port on the opposite end of the chord is the newest 3.1 USB and not a normal 3.0. I believe that's why the speed isn't anywhere near as high as the theoretical 10/Gbps I believe it is.
Thanks for your help!
Joseph B Allison
2 Answers from the Community
The USB-A end of the cable, in fact, only has USB 2.0, not 3.0 or 3.1. This is stated in the product name and description.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This cable is a 2.0 cable. There is a 3.1 cable for slightly more money (try searching for Belkin USB-C 3.1).
- Answered by John H from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the USB cable a USB3 cable or a USB-C cable?
- Asked by David H from Meridian
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB cable a USB3 cable or a USB-C cable?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Does it include a USB-C cable?
- Asked by Hank H from Sarasota
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it include a USB-C cable?)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display