I'm very basic, so I'd like to know if I need both the Apple Express AND a separate wireless router, and also if the Express is 802.11ac (which a tech
1 Answer from the Community
No you do not need both the airport express and a separate wireless router. The airport express is a wireless router by its self and doesn't need anything except the ethernet going in (from a modem or ethernet jack in the wall). Also I'm not sure what you tried to say at the very end but it is not 802.11ac yet (Hopefully an update in the near future!!!). The airport extreme is AC but the express is only N.
- Answered by Joey S from Massillon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?
- Asked by Dennis H from Santa Cruz
- Flag as inappropriate (Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme