Mac OS X 10.4.11 Upgrading?!
My macbook works from a 2.16 GHz Inter Core 2 Duo processor, and I'd like to upgrade to a newer OS as lots of updates don't seem to work as the the system is really old!!
I've read I should buy the full disc set to upgrade to Snow Leopard but I can't seem to find that anywhere? Also, if I upgrade to Snow Leopard can I then upgrade straightaway to Lion via App store?
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Rob C from Bognor Regis
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac OS X 10.4.11 Upgrading?!)
1 Answer from the Community
My MacBook has the same processor as yours running OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. I bought the Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard from the Apple Online Store for $29. They sent me the SL installation disc containing the new version 10.6.3.
Following the onscreen instructions, I chose the standard upgrade installation option, and let Apple do its thing, which took about an hour. Then it announced that the installation was successful and the computer needed to be restarted.
After it restarted, an information box appeared which said that software updates were available and did I want to do that now. I was eager to see the new OS working, so I cancelled the software updating for later.
I was dismayed to find websites slow to load, and the computer generally acting sluggish, so I decided to let Apple do the software updates. I clicked the go-ahead and waited for about 45 minutes for the updating to finish. After that, the computer worked fine, zippier, and in addition, the OS had been updated to 10.6.8 and Safari 4 updated to Safari 5.1.5.
- Answered by Eugene L from Mill Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can I use the same Apple router for both my iMAC 10.4.11 with airport extreme card and new iMAC OS X Lion?
- Asked by Dona Or Bill B from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the same Apple router for both my iMAC 10.4.11 with airport extreme card and new iMAC OS X Lion?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does this charger work on a Macbook OS X version 10.4.11
- Asked by Kim A from Lees Summit
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger work on a Macbook OS X version 10.4.11)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…